Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   the stupid end of a full house (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=137465)

Monty Cantsin 10-18-2004 04:23 PM

the stupid end of a full house

The table is loose and bit on the passive side for 6-max. MP seems slightly tighter than table average but by no means tight.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Monty is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Monty calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Monty checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, Monty calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Monty checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Monty calls.

River: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Monty...

I plan to check/call here. Is there a different way to play this at any point? Is this an obvious fold on the flop?

/mc

Nemesis 10-18-2004 04:42 PM

Re: the stupid end of a full house

Obvious flop raise. If he has an A then he'll reraise, if not you have control of the hand.

steeser 10-18-2004 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obvious flop raise. If he has an A then he'll reraise, if not you have control of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would re-raise if you had the A on the flop? I would probably call and raise the turn, as would most players I believe.

Now, to the hand specifically. Your line is ok by me, since if you are ahead, you probably got the most out of this one. If you are behind, you lost the least while getting to showdown.

runa 10-18-2004 04:48 PM

How about bet the river, fold/call a raise depending on how tricky the player is? Ahead of any PP, behind an ace.

J.R. 10-18-2004 05:08 PM

"I plan to check/call here."

cool, no reason to give an A a shot to raise or to fold a worse hand and deny yourself the chance to pick up a bluff.

"Is there a different way to play this at any point?"

Fold preflop. You said the table was passive, not to say calling here is clearly wrong but its not horrible getting only about 4.5-1 out of position.

"Is this an obvious fold on the flop?"

Not if the preflop call was good. Well actually, that depends on your opponent's aggression but having got here, I'd usually call getting 10-1 and see what happens on the turn.

Monty Cantsin 10-18-2004 05:34 PM

Results

He checks behind with pocket 8's.

Thanks for the comments.

/mc