Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The OOT Challenge (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407695)

theBruiser500 12-30-2005 10:50 AM

The OOT Challenge

Here is the ultimate challenge, the OOT challenge. For one day we should aim for 0 posts in OOT. Is it possible? Maybe not. Some people call me a dreamer but we will never know if we don't try it. To raise awareness of this we can keep bumping this thread and a few days before THE DAY we can make a couple new threads and keep it at the top of OOT.

Here is a poll. A simple majority is not enough to go through with this, IMO we need an 80% Yes vote. Then it is fair to request that the No votes go with the general consensus of OOT and push for the No Post day. If we could pull this off, it would be OOT's greatest day, please join me in this quest.

[censored] 12-30-2005 10:51 AM

Re: The OOT Challenge

I will do this

samjjones 12-30-2005 10:53 AM

I will also pledge to donate $1 for every post I would have made on the given day to the American Cancer Society.

Toro 12-30-2005 10:54 AM

Virtually impossible.

TheWorstPlayer 12-30-2005 10:54 AM

I think this idea is awesome. But I think people should still be allowed to communicate to other OOTiots on that day by ninja-bumping threads. This will hopefully cause people to dig up old funny posts to ninja bump and I will be reminded of old threads that I enjoyed or I will be pointed to old threads that I missed. This could be the perfect day to READ OOT.

theBruiser500 12-30-2005 10:54 AM

This is no piddling matter samjjones, it should be more like $100 for every post.

mrkilla 12-30-2005 10:56 AM

The problem isnt going to be the regulars, well maybe, Its the Noob's or people from the other parts of this forum that will come in and mess it up.

I don't think its possible, it be like trying to reach 0 Degress kelvin, you'll get close but never there.

theBruiser500 12-30-2005 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Virtually impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not bring this movement down Toro with your pessimism. POSITIVE THINKING, visualize it and it will happen. If we think it can't be done it won't be done, if we think it can be done it will be done. WE WILL TRIUMPH. WE CAN AND WILL REALIZE THIS AWESOME GOAL.

pokerdirty 12-30-2005 11:14 AM

I believe this was sort of suggested once, when the [censored] bannings began, just to screw with some n00bs. The suggestion was to have a 15 minute period on a certain day, where no one would post in OOT, and they would get banned. This is like that, only without the bannings (or will it...), and for a much longer period of time. I will do it, but don't do it on a weekday!

diebitter 12-30-2005 11:17 AM

Okay, this seems a bit broken pencil to me

Why, exactly? or even approximately?

It does seem to be the sort of thing groups of losers do to 'empower themselves'

pokerdirty 12-30-2005 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Virtually impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not bring this movement down Toro with your pessimism. POSITIVE THINKING, visualize it and it will happen. If we think it can't be done it won't be done, if we think it can be done it will be done. WE WILL TRIUMPH. WE CAN AND WILL REALIZE THIS AWESOME GOAL.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of 2 things will happen:

1. Some n00b posts something during the day because they did not read this thread (post will probably be titled "Where is everyone" or something to that effect)

2. The goal will actually get realized...almost. Some [censored] will post in OOT 45 minutes before the goal is up, just to be a douche. Sorta like that guy who ninja bumped Dynasty's "Ninja Bumping" thread.

tdarko 12-30-2005 11:35 AM

in.

diebitter 12-30-2005 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Virtually impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of 2 things will happen:

1. Some n00b posts something during the day because they did not read this thread (post will probably be titled "Where is everyone" or something to that effect)

2. The goal will actually get realized...almost. Some [censored] will post in OOT 45 minutes before the goal is up, just to be a douche. Sorta like that guy who ninja bumped Dynasty's "Ninja Bumping" thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the idea of a quiet day now, with the caveat if a n00b posts, we can all rag on him in his thread, and his thread only. No adding to existing threads, even if they're added to by the n00b.

FouTight 12-30-2005 11:40 AM

this has a 0% chance of ever happening unless the forum is locked for the day.

I can guarantee that.

edit:
in fact, I would be willing to bet a large sum of money it doesn't happen.

CrazyEyez 12-30-2005 11:43 AM

Can we be allowed to repeatedly post only this?

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4826/tumble3kg.jpg

Los Feliz Slim 12-30-2005 11:46 AM

I'm in, but if by some miracle the entire day had passed without any posts, the servers would crash at 11:59PM with all the OOTiots gimmick accounts trying to post at the same time.

theBruiser500 12-30-2005 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in, but if by some miracle the entire day had passed without any posts, the servers would crash at 11:59PM with all the OOTiots gimmick accounts trying to post at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you guys are wrong, have faith. People will abide by the will of OOT and let the day pass with no posts.

Shajen 12-30-2005 11:58 AM

so what's the significance of the no posts in oot thing bruiser?

12-30-2005 11:59 AM

Then what am I going to do at work that day? Post hand analysis on small stakes? If you're going to do it, make it next week...I won't have access to a computer during the day. GL

ScottieK

gorie 12-30-2005 11:59 AM

why just oot ? let's try to pause the whole internet for a day. that'd be pretty awesome. <font color="white"> really though, what's the point ?</font>

FouTight 12-30-2005 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No you guys are wrong, have faith. People will abide by the will of OOT and let the day pass with no posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

so... how much you want to bet?

Alobar 12-30-2005 12:05 PM

I dont get the point?

CrazyEyez 12-30-2005 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why just oot ? let's try to pause the whole internet for a day. that'd be easier

[/ QUOTE ]

diebitter 12-30-2005 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why just oot ? let's try to pause the whole internet for a day. that'd be easier

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ROFL nice FYH

bisonbison 12-30-2005 12:32 PM

I support.

27offsuit 12-30-2005 01:03 PM

Aye.

MonkeeMan 12-30-2005 01:10 PM

It's not nice to [censored] with Mother Nature.

Stuey 12-30-2005 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont get the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

This from the guy that didn't talk for a day?

I'm in.

Luv2DriveTT 12-30-2005 01:26 PM

all in.

TT

Stuey 12-30-2005 01:31 PM

I will make a list of people that post on the day and ruin this and I will put them all on ignore. If they say they never knew about the challenge it won't matter. I want to know what it feels like to have people on ignore anyways. Clark seems so happy.

Bruiser you should start a cult imo.

skiier04 12-30-2005 01:32 PM

I think this would be cool, Id do it for sure.

samjjones 12-30-2005 01:32 PM

Might as well set the date now.

MonkeeMan 12-30-2005 01:37 PM

Is this like a crimson challenge where there's money awarded and videos taken and people puking?

12-30-2005 01:38 PM

I don't think there could be a reward to facilitate this process, so there would have to be a punishment.

A mod would have to ban all IP's which posted that day, and then try again. And then ban all IP's a second time, and try again. Eventually, there would be a day where nobody posted.

Because there would be nobody left to post.

gorie 12-30-2005 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think there could be a reward to facilitate this process, so there would have to be a punishment.

A mod would have to ban all IP's which posted that day, and then try again. And then ban all IP's a second time, and try again. Eventually, there would be a day where nobody posted.

Because there would be nobody left to post.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah let's make it easy and just shut down the forum for a day.

pryor15 12-30-2005 01:43 PM

i'm not sure i see the point, but i'll participate.

gumpzilla 12-30-2005 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so... how much you want to bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

You suggesting a bet twice is pretty laughable. You really need to give most people here more credit. I hear they're doing some great things in the "how do you pronounce route?" thread, though, so maybe your services are needed there.

MonkeeMan 12-30-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"participate" is an interesting choice of words.

Alobar 12-30-2005 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont get the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

This from the guy that didn't talk for a day?

I'm in.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but that actually had a point and I gained something from the experience. I dont see either of those 2 things here.

Im not trying to bash or hate or anything, im just saying I dont get it, so if someone could explain the "why" to me, id be grateful

pryor15 12-30-2005 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"participate" is an interesting choice of words.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought so [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]