Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   QQ in MP, bad turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403556)

MrEngenic 12-22-2005 04:59 PM

QQ in MP, bad turn

Unknown opponent again, new at the table. What do you do on the turn against various opponents?

party 1/2

Preflop:Hero is MP2 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG limps, Hero raises, blinds fold, UTG calls

Flop:(5 sb) K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG calls

Turn:(4.25 BB) A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG checks, Hero?

12-22-2005 05:44 PM

Re: QQ in MP, bad turn

I would bet here. I wouldn't be able to put him on big cards becasue he limped/called (maybe suited low connectors or low pair?). If you get raised, i would call and then check/call the river to be safe.

Jaran 12-22-2005 05:44 PM

I bet/fold the turn, planning to check behind on the river no matter what falls.

-Jaran

12-22-2005 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet/fold the turn, planning to check behind on the river no matter what falls.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be tempted to bet an offsuit J.

Jaran 12-22-2005 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be tempted to bet an offsuit J.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about it, but if an offsuit J falls, I bet and get c/r, I have to call, and I don't think I win against a river c/r here too often. But I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

-Jaran

DCWildcat 12-22-2005 06:28 PM

If you could define a few various opponents that would help a little. But I'm bet/folding to a c/r vs. most anyone on the turn. I'm also folding to a river donk unless it's a non heart J. I don't see a need to bet the river on any card except the J.

Few villains are sophisticated enough to slowplay a turn flush -> c/r the river, so I think a bet is fine if you hit that nonheart J.

@bsolute_luck 12-22-2005 07:16 PM

i don't think we're folding a better hand with a turn bet, and i'd like to hope for a J on the river seeing as he might be donking a K.

i check behind because i don't see much value in betting.

DCWildcat 12-23-2005 03:02 AM

I think we very often fold a weak K here, since we're representing both a flush and an A. It's definately a possibility.

MrEngenic 12-24-2005 06:44 PM

Bump because this is an interesting turn decision IMO.

12-24-2005 07:11 PM

i'm weak and I check the turn. I see us getting c/r a lot. I guess there's merit to bet/fold then.