Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   This play needs a name... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363285)

NLSoldier 10-22-2005 08:04 PM

This play needs a name...

...because I love it.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $10.
UTG calls, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (4.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks,

Im open to suggestions for the name.

Jerkass333 10-22-2005 08:12 PM

Re: This play needs a name...

Thats pretty badass. With one pair I'd check to induce a bluff too, but I usually feel like I have to bet with trips. Maybe a combination of the words Scrooge (becuase if you did this on christmas it would totally ruin his day) and pully becuase you're jerking this guy around. Hence, the scroo-pulley.

10-22-2005 08:15 PM

It's called the 1/2 punch.

10-22-2005 08:29 PM

The double dare? =/

NLSoldier 10-22-2005 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The double dare? =/

[/ QUOTE ]

this looks like the early front runner.

Danenania 10-22-2005 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The double dare? =/

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, awesome.

Looks like this one is wrapped up. You need to patent another move though so we can call it the soiler.

NLSoldier 10-22-2005 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The double dare? =/

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, awesome.

Looks like this one is wrapped up. You need to patent another move though so we can call it the soiler.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha ok.

does anyone have thoughts on this play? Or does everyone pretty much agree that it pwns.

Lmn55d 10-22-2005 08:49 PM

I like it overall but I think a lot of players will play like this without a draw. I see 7x play like this a lot and I doubt he'd bet the river. THere's also some smaller pocket pairs or like 88-99 who could play like this. Is there any chance he bluffraises the river with a missed draw or checked behind because he hit better trips or filled up? These are kind of remote but things to consider nonetheless.

cartman 10-22-2005 09:22 PM

I have a few questions. I never know what is betting material in spots like this. You bet the flop here 3rd to act out of 5 in an unraised pot. Would you guys also usually have bet 1st or 2nd to act? If not, what would your line have been in those seats?

Also, would you guys typically bet the river here with just one pair of Tens (assume the turn was a blank) or would you check and call? What about with a 7?

Thanks,
Cartman

flawless_victory 10-22-2005 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does everyone pretty much agree that it pwns?

[/ QUOTE ]
id imagine!