Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   99+2 Overcards+3 Opponents-Draws (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343691)

Redd 09-24-2005 09:05 PM

99+2 Overcards+3 Opponents-Draws

This is the first SB that I've posted at the table, and no pt reads. But typical PP1/2 6maxers are insultingly loose.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: The Reddmeister is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">The Reddmeister raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">The Reddmeister bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, The Reddmeister ...

Does anybody not bet this on the flop? And having bet it, what is my flop, turn, and river plan now?

Aaron W. 09-24-2005 09:09 PM

Re: 99+2 Overcards+3 Opponents-Draws

The flop bet is fine. But I can find a fold here. Two broadway overcards is too much of an uphill battle.

The turn and river plan is to watch and hope that they get to a showdown.

stuartharris 09-24-2005 09:10 PM

Having bet, I have to get out here. You already have a call . . . could be a flush draw, but you could also be behind two people with 2 outs.

I wouldn't have bet into this flop either.

MrWookie47 09-24-2005 09:12 PM

Agreed.

09-24-2005 09:14 PM

Thats incredibly weak. You have to bet out. Many a times the villian will fold.

Redd 09-24-2005 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The flop bet is fine. But I can find a fold here. Two broadway overcards is too much of an uphill battle.

The turn and river plan is to watch and hope that they get to a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I folded the flop and he had a king. He then proceeded to take shots at me every single fricken' time I pfred for the rest of the session (and still is).

MrWookie47 09-24-2005 09:17 PM

The beauty of him always taking shots is that sometimes you'll have the best hand and will take him to the zoo.

Redd 09-24-2005 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The beauty of him always taking shots is that sometimes you'll have the best hand and will take him to the zoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, like all opponents' mistakes in poker it can be turned into a profitable situation. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Online247 09-24-2005 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the first SB that I've posted at the table, and no pt reads. But typical PP1/2 6maxers are insultingly loose.

Preflop: The Reddmeister is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">The Reddmeister raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">The Reddmeister bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, The Reddmeister ...

Does anybody not bet this on the flop? And having bet it, what is my flop, turn, and river plan now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate betting into 4 opponents on a scary board like that, and am very surprised others felt a flop bet here is good.

Aaron W. 09-24-2005 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate betting into 4 opponents on a scary board like that, and am very surprised others felt a flop bet here is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... you're really only betting into 3 players. That's a huge 25% better.

The only reason you check this flop is to check-fold (or check-raise a guy who will autobet from the button). It's a shorthanded game with very loose players, and the pot is 8 bets big. You can't check-call then check-fold profitably because you don't improve often enough. So you've got to bet it.

Automatically check-folding gives up way too much because of the pot size (because you raised preflop). If Hero limps preflop, a check-fold is fine.