Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   I just give up on AT (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398111)

imported_leader 12-14-2005 03:52 AM

I just give up on AT

SB: 50/8 over 110
BB: 50/20 over 120
BT: only a couple of orbits but he's been tight so far

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds

LoaferGee12 12-14-2005 03:59 AM

Re: I just give up on AT

Nice hand.

callydrias 12-14-2005 04:04 AM

Looks good. A lot of your outs are tainted and the pot's not too big.

thesharpie 12-14-2005 05:22 AM

You guys don't think we have the best hand on this flop a decent amount of the time? Is it because of the tight coldcaller? I'd bet it without a better read on the button.

Weatherhead03 12-14-2005 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys don't think we have the best hand on this flop a decent amount of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have the best hand here a large percentage of the time as well, although lately I have been looking to find more spots to check the flop instead of making a continuation bet 100% of the time. It is 4 handed with a tight coldcaller. So basically all I can say is that I think its close either way.

imported_leader 12-14-2005 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys don't think we have the best hand on this flop a decent amount of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have the best hand here a large percentage of the time as well, although lately I have been looking to find more spots to check the flop instead of making a continuation bet 100% of the time. It is 4 handed with a tight coldcaller. So basically all I can say is that I think its close either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lately I've been looking for more flops to bet 4 handed and more flops to check 3 handed when I miss.

irishpint 12-14-2005 05:36 AM

bet the flop since we are often ahead here. we dont want to give free cards or get lead into on the turn. folding button is a huge plus. easy fold to a raise.

spydog 12-14-2005 07:41 AM

Bet this flop!!

It contains no flush draws.

It contains only 1 broadway card and it's the 2nd crappiest to boot.

It contains no realistic OESD and only a remote chance of a wheel gutshot.

Basically, there are a lot more reasons for your opponents to fold to your flop bet then to call it.

If you are ever going to fire into 3 opponents on a flop that missed you then this is the flop to do it on. Fire again on the turn if it's HU.

12-14-2005 09:40 AM

not betting this flop makes me want to vomit... its possibly the worst mistake you can make

hemstock 12-14-2005 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not betting this flop makes me want to vomit... its possibly the worst mistake you can make

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's that bad. As a matter of fact I don't think it's bad at all