Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   KJs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=245680)

garion888 05-04-2005 05:20 PM

KJs

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

No raise the first time around because I don't wanna blow away the field right?

As a side question, how different is the PP3/6 vs 2/4?

Thanks
-J

wrto4556 05-04-2005 05:21 PM

Re: KJs

I raise this flop 100% of the time to buy some K and J outs in a big pot.

meep_42 05-04-2005 05:22 PM

Pot's pretty big, so I expect you're going to get some responses telling you to raise the first time to fold out AJ or KQ to improve your chances of winning this with TP.

And really, the more I play at 3/6, I like that plan better than building a pot.

You have 2 overs and a nice flush draw in a 5BB pot 5-way, raise it up as soon as you can.

The way you played it was a nice pot builder, and is not a bad way to play it. The two plays just seem close in EV. I'm more convinced that protection will edge out pot building in the long run.

-d

Yobz 05-04-2005 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot's pretty big, so I expect you're going to get some responses telling you to raise the first time to fold out AJ or KQ to improve your chances of winning this with TP.

And really, the more I play at 3/6, I like that plan better than building a pot.

You have 2 overs and a nice flush draw in a 5BB pot 5-way, raise it up as soon as you can.

The way you played it was a nice pot builder, and is not a bad way to play it. The two plays just seem close in EV. I'm more convinced that protection will edge out pot building in the long run.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

All things the same, I think getting people out will make you tilt less...would hate to get sucked out on by somebody with proper odds to call that wouldnt have had proper odds if you raised...

Edit: Also, they might correctly fold and you would never have known you would be on tilt...

Super Pro 05-04-2005 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, what? how often are you going be up gainst a better K or J? i could see the argument if you had a crappy ace, but i'm not buying into the idea that you're up against AJ or KQ here.

Haupt_234 05-04-2005 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise the flop, you want to worry about your overcards first and your flush draw second. You have to clean some of those outs up by raising.

Haupt_234

wrto4556 05-04-2005 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, what? how often are you going be up gainst a better K or J? i could see the argument if you had a crappy ace, but i'm not buying into the idea that you're up against AJ or KQ here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm...Then build the pot and get pissed when K3sooted takes it down.

If you like money, raise this flop.

Super Pro 05-04-2005 06:35 PM

lol K3 is folding here never.

Super Pro 05-04-2005 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise the flop, you want to worry about your overcards first and your flush draw second. You have to clean some of those outs up by raising.

Haupt_234

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the second time i've read this this thread. WHAT OUTS ARE YOU BUYING?

wrto4556 05-04-2005 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is the second time i've read this this thread. WHAT OUTS ARE YOU BUYING?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, every thread on here besides the ones you posted say to raise to clean up outs.