Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Set of 3s at NL400 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397787)

Hattifnatt 12-13-2005 07:14 PM

Re: Set of 3s at NL400

[ QUOTE ]
Board is ridiculously draw heavy, and lots of hands can call you.

On the other hand, that board may very well have hit PFR. Perhaps it tilts in the draw-heavy direction, though.

Dumle

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my thought. + That if that PFR bets his KK, AQ, or something like that someone of the 3 ppl behind us might very well have a straight or flushdraw and call (or raise) him and I can come over the top.

But I guess the "draw heavyness" is just making it even more important to bet the set. This is something like 3rd time (well..) in 4 month I check a set first to speak, really loves leading with them (esp. into a PFR).

As I played I cannot see that I didnt push the turn though. I still pretty confident with my river fold though because he bet pretty fast and didnt seem afraid I had the spades so I dont think he had 2 pair or worse. Might I should had called anyway because of the odds though...

yvesaint 12-13-2005 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand, that board may very well have hit PFR.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you should not pot the flop because? If he can lay down TPTK, good for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

he wants to trap people inbetween him and the pfr. best-case scenario, pfr bets near pot, 2 limpers call, then he can jack it up.

if you have a good read that he'll bet this flop even multiway, this is fine, but id still prefer betting here. oh, and call the river, this is some turned 2-pair as often as AT

Sephus 12-13-2005 08:19 PM

one reason he might not be afraid of spades is why the hell would you check the river with a flush?

i think you have to call the river. you are behind 50% at least i think but win often enough to make a profit.

Hattifnatt 12-13-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you have to call the river. you are behind 50% at least i think but win often enough to make a profit.

[/ QUOTE ]
In retrospect I think that too. My reasoning was that I thoguht he would bet the flop with a "hit" talking last (with that draw heavy board) and therefor I was pretty sure he filled the gutshot. I also beleived I didnt want to blow $360 on my "stupid" flop check (which OF COURSE is idiotic reasoning) so I folded...

pokerjoker 12-13-2005 08:53 PM

lead flop,
as played push river

rid.br 12-13-2005 10:37 PM

I think if u called that turn you HAVE to call this river.

Maybe it was correct to fold the turn after his big raise.

Hattifnatt 12-14-2005 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I had that feeling too. Because I didnt had the odds (inc. implied) to chase the full if he already had the straight. But got a strong feeling (as I said in another reply) he must have a hand better than 2 pair.

The spade on the river didnt seem to scare him at all, not because he puts Me on a flush but with a worse hand than a 2 pair I think he checks down becuase the flush is a (little) potential hand of mine.

-Skeme- 12-14-2005 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 99.9% of new posters should stop using this argument for every single hand.

AcesUp2121 12-14-2005 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In retrospect I think that too. My reasoning was that I thoguht he would bet the flop with a "hit" talking last (with that draw heavy board) and therefor I was pretty sure he filled the gutshot. I also beleived I didnt want to blow $360 on my "stupid" flop check (which OF COURSE is idiotic reasoning) so I folded...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hard time reading how sets are unfoldable on these forums. Villain checked the flop, could be a bad player with a monster. Turn brings broadway and Villain wakes up. Flush gets there on river, Villain HAS position, and chooses to shove allin rather than check behind for a free showdown. We are all kidding ourselves if we expect to see 2 pair here.

Hattifnatt 12-14-2005 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 99.9% of new posters should stop using this argument for every single hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agrees, because every street is lika new bet and you have to make the best decicion. Just because you make a mistake on a street you dont have to make a new mistake on the next.

What do you think about the hand -skeme-, you often has good points..