Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AJo vs Hyper aggressive TAG (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383662)

krimson 11-22-2005 09:51 PM

AJo vs Hyper aggressive TAG

CO is 15/12/4.6 (2000+ hands).

Limp pre-flop is questionable. Table is fairly loose passive, I figured one more player would cold-call, and the poster and the bb have good odds to call with lots of hands, and i'm stuck 4 or 5-way with AJo for 2 bets.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (7.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

hobbsmann 11-22-2005 10:04 PM

Re: AJo vs Hyper aggressive TAG

[ QUOTE ]

Limp pre-flop is questionable. Table is fairly loose passive, I figured one more player would cold-call, and the poster and the bb have good odds to call with lots of hands, and i'm stuck 4 or 5-way with AJo for 2 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf? VAALLLUUUEEEEE.

As for the hand I do like a good sexy and think this was a great place for it.

krimson 11-22-2005 10:13 PM

FWIW, I would almost never limp AJo like this, it was kind of a spur of the moment decision, and largely emotionally driven (not tilt by any means, just reacting to how the table had been playing in an odd manner).

Nick C 11-22-2005 10:33 PM

I don't know what CO has, but I think this is a good spot for a river checkraise, versus an opponent who's so aggressive.

Maybe he'll make a highly optimistic bluff with a busted diamond draw or bet A6s for value.

It's possible I'm being influenced by the fact that I know CO bet, but I'm thinking a checkraise would be pretty satisfying here, even if CO didn't pay it off.

QTip 11-22-2005 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's possible I'm being influenced by the fact that I know CO bet, but I'm thinking a checkraise would be pretty satisfying here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to work these c/res into my game more, and doing a poor job of it so far. I reread "HU on the river" in TOP, and that was a good think. But so far, I've been making bad judgements and tuimm when villain checks behind. I should start posting some of these.

Nick C 11-22-2005 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's possible I'm being influenced by the fact that I know CO bet, but I'm thinking a checkraise would be pretty satisfying here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to work these c/res into my game more, and doing a poor job of it so far. I reread "HU on the river" in TOP, and that was a good think. But so far, I've been making bad judgements and tupimm when villain checks behind. I should start posting some of these.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I can't even remember the last sexy river checkraise I attempted that I didn't whiff on.

This would depress me more if I tried the play more often. But I don't go for river checkraises as much as I should.

krimson 11-22-2005 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking a checkraise would be pretty satisfying here, even if CO didn't pay it off.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is pretty key. All I'm really wanting on this hand is for him to bet it. If my hand were weaker like a smaller ace, I would probably just take a c/c line on this hand given the villian and action. But my hand is almost never behind here, so I c/r and him calling the raise would just be icing on the cake.

Also, my reasoning for the c/r here is the same as your thinking. He's almost always on a flushdraw or small ace (he's a good player, just very aggressive, so I have a hard time putting him on anything else). He will pay me off with Ax, but not likely with a flushdraw when I bet into him. When checked to I think he bets the missed flush draw fairly often, and bets the ace almost always. Therefore I get the same value from a small ace, and more value from a missed draw by checking to him.

QTip 11-22-2005 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking a checkraise would be pretty satisfying here, even if CO didn't pay it off.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is pretty key. All I'm really wanting on this hand is for him to bet it. If my hand were weaker like a smaller ace, I would probably just take a c/c line on this hand given the villian and action. But my hand is almost never behind here, so I c/r and him calling the raise would just be icing on the cake.

Also, my reasoning for the c/r here is the same as your thinking. He's almost always on a flushdraw or small ace (he's a good player, just very aggressive, so I have a hard time putting him on anything else). He will pay me off with Ax, but not likely with a flushdraw when I bet into him. When checked to I think he bets the missed flush draw fairly often, and bets the ace almost always. Therefore I get the same value from a small ace, and more value from a missed draw by checking to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

All very good. That's another piece to the puzzle to add to the formula in TOP. This situation included you being able to induce a bluff + the ability to get 2 more in if his hand is legit. So as you said, icing on the cake. Nice.