Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Stud Question from "The Big Game" (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364353)

Big Business 10-24-2005 01:34 PM

Stud Question from \"The Big Game\"

I was wondering what is difference between Stud H/L regular and Stud H/L 8or better.

I have played lots of Stud H/L online and I always thought that was 8 or better since you have to have a maximum of 8 high to qualify.

Does that mean that Stud H/L regular just means the lowest and higest hands split the pot no matter what?

beta1607 10-24-2005 01:36 PM

Re: Stud Question from \"The Big Game\"

[ QUOTE ]
Does that mean that Stud H/L regular just means the lowest and higest hands split the pot no matter what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This game is never spread anymore from what I understand. Skalansky's chapter from the first super/system is based on stud with no qualifier if your interested in more background.

Notorious G.O.B. 10-24-2005 01:36 PM

Bingo.

Jeffage 10-24-2005 01:41 PM

It is spread in the 40-80 mixed game at Bellagio. I plan to check it out after reading Sklansky's old section.

Jeff

pipes 10-24-2005 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This game is never spread anymore from what I understand. Skalansky's chapter from the first super/system is based on stud with no qualifier if your interested in more background.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I hear, Stud H/L with no qualifier is spread as part of a rotation game at the Bellagio.

dibbs 10-24-2005 03:21 PM

Semi-Hijack. Apologies.

I was always under the impression that H/L lacked a real sense of balance and thats why S8 took over. Why is it the higher limit games to the biggest game add this version to the mix but it's pretty much extinct everywhere else? Does is function well at a very high level of thinking or something? It baffled me at first why they'd want this in there.

Jeffage 10-24-2005 03:24 PM

Re: Semi-Hijack. Apologies.

High limit pros like it because suckers literally have almost no chance of ever winning (esp. if they play high only hands). The low hand is pretty much always freerolling. This is why the game changed, fish were broken too fast. Or at least, that's my understanding.

Jeff

Bartholow 10-24-2005 03:57 PM

Yeah. The key is that sucker games in general die out, but they can still be interesting played among non-suckers. So they can include it in the mix without it being boring/stupid, but still fleece the few suckers who come through.

vintage_sara 10-24-2005 10:58 PM

The reason why they don't have it is that this game breaks the bad players fast. The qualifier takes some of the edge away from the good players and evens the playing field a little more for the bad ones.