Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   KQs tp facing psb on turn against aggr player (6 max) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386222)

Dommer 11-27-2005 04:15 PM

KQs tp facing psb on turn against aggr player (6 max)

Villain is 55/18/3.5 after 108 hands, w@sd 50%, wtsd 20%, but I think at the time I didn't have quite that many hands on him. All I had to go on was that he was calling all my pfrs and was min raising my continuation bets often. I had folded to most of these min raises as I had missed the flop. He was also making large stabs (like 5$ into a 2$ pot) at uncontested pots and taking most of them down. The turn decision was a little tough for me as I hadn't seen his turn action nor had I seen him showing down any hands. But it was clear that he was contesting a lot of pots with probably crap hands and was very aggressive. But all I got to see was him taking the pots down on the flop etc. Does this sound like enough evidence to go for it on the turn, or is my fold ok? I'm new at 6 max so I know a hand like tp is a lot stronger than at full ring, but I've been getting into trouble with it. If you think my pre-flop play was bad as well let me know.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($113.05)
SB ($37)
BB ($33.70)
Hero ($99.20)
MP ($86.13)
CO ($407.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $3, Button calls $3, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($10.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $16</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $8.

Turn: ($42.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $40</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $82.50

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. CO wins $82.50. </font>

usi34 11-27-2005 04:32 PM

Re: KQs tp facing psb on turn against aggr player (6 max)

I like the fold. With a player that aggressive i think you could find a better place to set a trap.

Rockatansky 11-27-2005 04:51 PM

If your read on this guy is accurate, then I'd check-raise the turn all-in. The reason I'd go all-in there is that you get calls from worse K's that check behind on the river.

He's betting here with a wide range of hands that you have crushed - K-J, K-10, J-J, 10-10, 9-9.

SpaceAce 11-27-2005 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the fold. With a player that aggressive i think you could find a better place to set a trap.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a good fold. The original poster stated that the villain was making a habit out of minimum-raising flop continuation bets and taking shots at pots. Hero's move on the turn is to check-raise all-in. With 100xBB stacks against an aggressive six-max player who is constantly taking shots at pots and bullying the table, top pair/second kicker is the nuts. Sometimes you'll run into AK, K8, 33, etc; oh, well, life goes on. I think Hero has waaaay too much chance of having the best hand to fold here.

SpaceAce

DoomSlice 11-27-2005 05:15 PM

I completely love a CR-AI on the turn. You're ahead enough here to be profitable.

Dommer 11-27-2005 05:36 PM

Ok, I knew in my gut I screwed that one up... thanks guys.