Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   2 Choking Teams (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404748)

Acehawk74 12-25-2005 07:15 AM

Re: 2 Choking Teams

Re: Patriots

This team is not even close to a playoff caliber team. 3 wins against teams with winning records. The only impressive win was against Tampa Bay. Atlanta didn't have thier QB, and also were flat out screwed by the refs. Pittsburgh had NE beat had it not been for an additional 52 seconds on the clock which gave N.E the extra time to score the winning points (check ESPN for it, it was posted promptly after the conclusion of that game). New England returning to form is the biggest joke I might have heard this year, seeing as they beat the Jets, Bills, Fins(which was almost a loss) and lost to any team other than Tampa that resembled a decent team that could block a pass rush.

Jack of Arcades 12-25-2005 09:40 AM

Most power rankings have them at 2nd in the NFL. This is clearly wrong.

kenberman 12-25-2005 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ew England returning to form is the biggest joke I might have heard this year

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, your post is the biggest joke I have heard this year

Clarkmeister 12-25-2005 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pittsburgh had NE beat had it not been for an additional 52 seconds on the clock which gave N.E the extra time to score the winning points

[/ QUOTE ]

You are aware that those 52 seconds were irrelevant, aren't you?

kyro 12-25-2005 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: Patriots

This team is not even close to a playoff caliber team. 3 wins against teams with winning records. The only impressive win was against Tampa Bay. Atlanta didn't have thier QB, and also were flat out screwed by the refs. Pittsburgh had NE beat had it not been for an additional 52 seconds on the clock which gave N.E the extra time to score the winning points (check ESPN for it, it was posted promptly after the conclusion of that game). New England returning to form is the biggest joke I might have heard this year, seeing as they beat the Jets, Bills, Fins(which was almost a loss) and lost to any team other than Tampa that resembled a decent team that could block a pass rush.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're basing your claim that they are not a playoff-caliber team right now on the fact they looked horrible early in the season with half their players out?

You're an idiot and should be banned from the sports forum.

kyro 12-25-2005 05:19 PM

Teams Seattle has played with winning records.

@ Jacksonville - L0SS 14-26
vs Atlanta - WIN 21-18
@ Washington - LOSS 18-21 (OT)
vs Dallas - WIN 13-10
vs Giants - WIN 24-21 (OT)
vs Indy - WIN 28-13

Not an impressive game on there in my opinion. They barely squeaked out wins at home against several decent teams and then beat up on a team that the Houston Texans probably could have beat. Seattle is probably the best of the NFC still, but they haven't done much to prove it.

miketurner 12-25-2005 05:35 PM

Re: Colts. "We ain't trippin'. We know what we have to do." - Edge
Whether it was the Chargers playing great, or the Colts being flat(prolly a combo of both) ... it doesn't change the fact that this is the best team in the NFL. If you don't see that, then you are just blinded by your own loyalties to your favorite team.

kyro 12-25-2005 05:38 PM

Are the Colts the best team in football right now?

I imagine the majority thinks they are.