Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Aficionado's Of Poker Chips, Kem's, Copaq's. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=209817)

dakine 03-09-2005 01:45 AM

Aficionado\'s Of Poker Chips, Kem\'s, Copaq\'s.

Reading some posts and replies regarding Poker Chips, Cards etc... Do you guys actually play poker, or just get off by having bragging rights that I own "The same kind of Chips that Tenpercenter has." (No offense to you Ten)Ten has (more or less) declared that he is a Poker Chip "Aficionado"

Have you ever heard, or have any knowledge that a "Pro" has ever said, "I wont play in this Tourney because the Chips Suck." Have Ya?

The "Guys" that play in your home games are there because you have "Pretty Poker Chips and Kem Cards?" or are they there to Play Poker, kick ass and take your money!?

I would take a poll but dont know how. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Ten-could you set one up? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

FrankieFish 03-09-2005 01:51 AM

Re: Aficionado\'s Of Poker Chips, Kem\'s, Copaq\'s.

Well you COULD play with matchsticks and an overturned cable spool but that wouldn't be very fun, would it? I guess you could throw some velvet elvises on the table and upgrade to clothespins but... what, are you a Bicycle chips salesman or something?

dakine 03-09-2005 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well you COULD play with matchsticks and an overturned cable spool but that wouldn't be very fun, would it? I guess you could throw some velvet elvises on the table and upgrade to clothespins but... what, are you a Bicycle chips salesman or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could pay with "Cash." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

FrankieFish 03-09-2005 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could pay with "Cash." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cash is too hard to stack and count. It goes in the cardboard Bicycle box under the cable spool.

toots 03-09-2005 02:13 AM

I just get off on bragging rights that I own about 3000 Paulson chips.

dakine 03-09-2005 02:18 AM

Cash is too hard to stack and count. It goes in the cardboard Bicycle box under the cable spool.

You just dont get the point!

FrankieFish 03-09-2005 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the point? Maybe I need to go to sleep.

dakine 03-09-2005 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just get off on bragging rights that I own about 3000 Paulson chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, honest, answer. I guess I have bragging rights too because I own "Dice" chips, all 2000 of them, now selling for about four cents per chip. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

dakine 03-09-2005 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the point? Maybe I need to go to sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Night! Hope you don't have nightmares of Bicycle cards and chips. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Kripke 03-09-2005 03:43 AM

The point is that with cash, it is almost impossible to evaluate the other player's stacks, which will have an enormous influence on your decisions in big bet poker. Thus most people prefer nice, beautiful chips.

But maybe you don't play poker at all?

- Kripke