Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   preflop equity (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364965)

bambi 10-25-2005 04:28 AM

preflop equity

UTG raises, UTG+1 3 bets, all call to you on the button what do you do in these situations, assume that at least one blind will come along, UTG will not cap it, but will call a cap, and everybody that already has 3sb in will call

WillMagic 10-25-2005 06:50 AM

Re: preflop equity

Dude, just go to the probability forum. They might care about this stuff there.

Will

Paxosmotic 10-25-2005 07:06 AM

It's a pretty easy cap on all 4 hands given that each will win over 11% of the time.

BigBiceps 10-25-2005 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a pretty easy cap on all 4 hands given that each will win over 11% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

They might each win at least 11% of the time against 8 random hands.

I disagree that they all have equity here against sensible opponents.

I think JTs is borderline call/fold, 67s is fold, 44 is fold, and 99 is borderline call/fold.

JTs you are playing for a straight, flush, or two pair ---- not a pair.
67s is not as good as JTs because of the reason that when you make 2 pair it will not be good as often.

99 you are playing for a set only.
44 is not good enough to play for a set, because with that many people in the liklihood of another pair and an overset will be overly costly and it is worthwhile to just fold preflop.

10-25-2005 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They might each win at least 11% of the time against 8 random hands.

I disagree that they all have equity here against sensible opponents.

I think JTs is borderline call/fold, 67s is fold, 44 is fold, and 99 is borderline call/fold.

JTs you are playing for a straight, flush, or two pair ---- not a pair.
67s is not as good as JTs because of the reason that when you make 2 pair it will not be good as often.

99 you are playing for a set only.
44 is not good enough to play for a set, because with that many people in the liklihood of another pair and an overset will be overly costly and it is worthwhile to just fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think folding 44 here is really bad.

10-25-2005 12:38 PM

I chose to cap JTs and 99, and call with 44, and fold 76s. I'm not sure if folding 76s is correct or not, but I feel comfortable with my other decisions.

newhizzle 10-25-2005 12:42 PM

i cap them all

67s and JTs are not that much different in this situation, folding a pair would be a mistake

krimson 10-25-2005 12:59 PM

Just cap all of them. Any PP has equity with 8+ players calling.

BigBiceps 10-25-2005 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just cap all of them. Any PP has equity with 8+ players calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I don't know how to prove this though.

10-25-2005 02:07 PM

I'm assuming that the callers are not playing trash.

The key here is playability after the flop. 99 and JTs are significantly more playable in this situation than 44 (risk of overset too great) and 67s (increased risk of losing to another flush or 4-flush on the river; more likely to make dummy end of the straight than JTs).