Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Anyone here listen to Tom Leykis? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408000)

surfinillini 12-30-2005 11:47 PM

Re: Anyone here listen to Tom Leykis?

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah Howard Stern can be the same way on the commercials.

[/ QUOTE ]

well today was his last show (actually it was best of) on reg. radio and I bought sirius radio for christmas, hooked it up in my car and seriously have not turned on any other radio station since.

I have like 20 presets of commercial free, non edited music and it's freakin awesome. I also get NFL and NBA games and can record them for playback.

stern is just a bonus at this point

(not meant to hijack this thread)

Blarg 12-30-2005 11:56 PM

How long is Stern's show going to be now that it's not padded out by commercials?

surfinillini 12-31-2005 12:02 AM

I honestly have no clue - I think 3 hours

mike l. 12-31-2005 04:01 AM

he gets brutally ripped on phil hendrie show all the time and deservedly so. the guy is a major tool.

shant 12-31-2005 04:44 AM

I can't stand this guy's voice or really lame sense of humor. The guys that call into his show are even lamer.

TAKE ME OUT WITH A KOBE BUTT JOKE AND A BONG RIP TOM!

WTF is that about?

SheetWise 12-31-2005 05:42 AM

I knew Tom when he was with KFYI in Phoenix -- late 80's, early 90's -- he's a smart guy. His libertarian stuff is for real, the rest is for audience. He's not sophomoric any more or less than Stern -- just building an audience. He's had bad luck with women (?!), and he's a shy guy (for real) -- and as much as I disagree with most of what he believes he's a very honest guy if confronted in an honest way. If confronted with anything less than honesty, Tom will point his view at 180 sampled every 5 seconds -- and he's quite capable of holding that heading while hosting a Buckley or a Kennedy.

bernie 12-31-2005 03:47 PM

Tom rocks!

Personally, I like alot of his non-relationship topics better as he has some great points of views.

He's not a misogynist. He just happens to call women on their crap.

I think alot of OOT'ers could use Leykis101. But then many seem to like drama in their relationships.

b

DDC67 12-31-2005 06:12 PM

i did a seach prior to posting and was surprised not to find anything on this topic in the last 5 months. This guy's target audience is 18-25 males. He has a lot of valid stuff to say to the younger men and women. It's humorous to hear some of the people that call in. The bottom line is he is a entertainer and is making some good scratch talking about stuff he talks about. BTW, thanks all for responding.

Blarg 12-31-2005 06:20 PM

I don't think he's a mysogynist either, though he may be a bit of a misanthrope. I also think he's smart, but smug as hell, absurdly self-congratulatory, and often annoying. And that cheesy FM voice bit that he never managed to drop has really gotta go.

27offsuit 12-31-2005 11:47 PM

Tom's a great guy....

"Tom Leykis, 47, was busted in December 1993 after his then-wife Susan told cops that he struck her in the head with a drinking glass during an argument in their home. Leykis then allegedly "pushed the victim's head into a brick fireplace" and "threatened to kill her," according to the below Boston Police incident report, which notes that officers observed a large bump on Susan Leykis's head as well as scratch marks on one forearm. After a complaint application was filed in Boston Municipal Court, Leykis was formally charged with felony assault and battery and threatening to commit a crime, a misdemeanor. In March 1994, Leykis, who then worked for a Boston radio station, was placed on pre-trial probation and ordered to attend a batterer's program. After Leykis successfully completed a year's probation and the domestic violence class, the criminal charges were dismissed in March 1995."