Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Just folded bottom set... that feels weird... thoughts? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=319913)

JustToast 08-21-2005 07:08 PM

Just folded bottom set... that feels weird... thoughts?

50NL 6-max At Party

I've got $85.40
Villain has $146.30.

His figures are: 25.0/5.3/2.4 over 130 hands. He is very tight, has not made a big bet yet, and has won 83% of SD's. He's a nutpeddler. He has never pushed in those hands.

Hero is dealt 2c 2s in SB
Villain is in the CO

4 to the flop (all limped)

FLOP (POT: $2.00) 2d 7s 9c
Hero bets $1.50, two folds, Villain raises to $6, Hero re-raises to $15, Villain pushes, Hero folds

--------------

So, first time i've ever folded a set on the flop in my short NL career (15K hands or so). Thoughts based on that description of villain?

Thoughts on my re-raise to $15?

Thanks.

jkkkk 08-21-2005 07:21 PM

Re: Just folded bottom set... that feels weird... thoughts?

This is close, does he really play a set this fast?

I'm really not sure what I would do in that situation, don't suppose you've seen him make any laydowns, i.e. its obvious he has an overpair but folds when up against a lot of aggression?

edit: I think the 3-bet is soso, if he calls the 3-bet you have to go for his stack on the turn by leading for pot and calling a push or just putting the rest in on the river.

If I think this guy is really tight / good, then I call-lead to extract from an overpair / two pair, worse hands are folding to a three bet if hes good, unless you have a table image I don't know about.

Its hard to make this laydown because I see so many people in 6-max play timidly preflop and they go OTT because they have >TT.

MINETZ 08-21-2005 07:24 PM

i call
Noah

JustToast 08-21-2005 07:39 PM

Yeah this was a really rough one which is why i'm posting it. Certainly if he called the $15 i'm pushing the turn but he has consistantly raised his bigger pairs which is why I gave him credit for the 77 or 99 -- something i've never done before.

I'm really torn over this hand. Against 99% of low limit 6-maxers i'd call in a heartbeat ... frustrating.

I was and am 90% sure he wouldnt do this without the top or mid set... still feels wrong though.

stu-unger 08-21-2005 08:45 PM

if u really want to decide if this is a good fold i think u need to give villain a range to 4-bet all in here. it sounds like your read was that he would only do this with a set, if this is right then that is a hell of a lay down. IMO u need to add overpairs like TT and JJ+ 2 pair hands into the mix, in which case it falls into the call category. i have folded sets b4, and this read + this board seem like one of the few times i would think of a fold.