Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Transit Strike- getting home is the hard part (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402714)

xadrez 12-21-2005 12:09 PM

Re: Transit Strike- getting home is the hard part

Columbia U has shuttle buses leaving 116th and Bway going to Penn, 125th Metro North, and Port Authority.

I dont know if you need a Columbia ID, but if you do you can try to talk your way on.

Luv2DriveTT 12-21-2005 12:17 PM

For once I'm happy I live in New Jersey now. The PATH is my savior!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

pokerdirty 12-21-2005 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For once I'm happy I live in New Jersey now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought I would see these words in the same sentence.

BottlesOf 12-21-2005 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm happy I live in Manhattan now. The PATH is my savior!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP For me

Duke 12-21-2005 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I've figured out how to get to work. Does anyone have a good way to get back to Brooklyn?

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking: "Why not just use the PATH?" 1 second later I realized that they probably don't go to Brooklyn, and that my NYC contact is just fortunate in that regard.

~D

pokerdirty 12-21-2005 12:37 PM

My roommate went to see a broadway show last night with his girlfriend. On the way back to the apt (we live on Union Square), the taxi said he was supposed to charge $60 for a trip that short (high 40s-50s to 16th St.). Does anyone know if this was a BS scam or did the TLC spike rates while the strike is going on?

Edit - Just so you don't think my roommate is a total moron, he only paid $25. I don't know what it said on the meter, but he said it took a half hour to get from midtown to union square. And that wasn't going crosstown either.

Luv2DriveTT 12-21-2005 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My roommate went to see a broadway show last night with his girlfriend. On the way back to the apt (we live on Union Square), the taxi said he was supposed to charge $60 for a trip that short (high 40s-50s to 16th St.). Does anyone know if this was a BS scam or did the TLC spike rates while the strike is going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

$10 a head per zone. I think thats 3 zones. Unfortunatly, thats correct.

pokerdirty 12-21-2005 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, makes sense, because there were 3 of them in the cab.

Voltron87 12-21-2005 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont understand why cabs would charge 10$ a head, wouldn't they want to encourage people to double up? it doesn't make sense to me.

Luv2DriveTT 12-21-2005 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont understand why cabs would charge 10$ a head, wouldn't they want to encourage people to double up? it doesn't make sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cabs can also pick up additional rides if they chose, up to 4 passengers. Welcome to the transit-strike economy. If you can afford it, you can travel.