Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   River Confusion (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401050)

12-18-2005 11:06 PM

River Confusion

MP is 60.6/3.3/.78 over 241 hands and has been getting some bad suckouts, including being vocal in the chatbox showing his disgust.

SB was 35.7/4.76/.85 over 42 hands, not a good read. I was not worried about the SB at all. I was more concerned with the MP because when he played, he usually had something worth playing.

Empire Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP calls.

River: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

MP raise threw me off resulting in the call down. I couldn't figure out if there was any possible hand that he could beat me with since he showed weakness on the flop.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Redd 12-18-2005 11:10 PM

Re: River Confusion

Looks standard to me. I don't want to 3-bet a passive player who's obviously not bluffing a protected pot. I suspect you'll see K9/3/4 occasionally or J9 even more occasionally, but I think it's a legit flush often enough to just call.

Roy6 12-18-2005 11:10 PM

nm

Spicymoose 12-18-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP raise threw me off resulting in the call down. I couldn't figure out if there was any possible hand that he could beat me with since he showed weakness on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not exactly sure what you mean here. His play looks completely consistant with a flush draw that hit on the river. Calling is fine because you will win often enough, but raising is bad because you are not ahead 50% of the time (when he calls).

As for your reads...

[ QUOTE ]
MP is 60.6/3.3/.78 over 241 hands

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was more concerned with the MP because when he played, he usually had something worth playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two things don't line up. He is playing more than 60% of his hands, so when he plays, he can have almost any two cards.

12-18-2005 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks standard to me. I don't want to 3-bet a passive player who's obviously not bluffing a protected pot. I suspect you'll see K9/3/4 occasionally or J9 even more occasionally, but I think it's a legit flush often enough to just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just started using PA recently. Could you tell me what tells you that he is passive?

Spicymoose 12-18-2005 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just started using PA recently. Could you tell me what tells you that he is passive?

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, AG levels under 1.5 are pretty passive. If their VPIP is high (over 50), then under 1 is passive.

12-18-2005 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As for your reads...

[ QUOTE ]
MP is 60.6/3.3/.78 over 241 hands

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was more concerned with the MP because when he played, he usually had something worth playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two things don't line up. He is playing more than 60% of his hands, so when he plays, he can have almost any two cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

That could have been (read, probably was) my misinterpretation of the reads. Also, could have been because he got me a few times when I least expected it. He has also been doing well more often than not on hands he had played.