Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Is Resorts now an easier game than Potawatomi? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=317192)

Toonces 08-17-2005 02:45 PM

Is Resorts now an easier game than Potawatomi?

For about a year after it's poker room opened, I think that Potowatomi in Milwaukee had to be considered the mecca of the middle limit world. However, since the No-limit games began in the spring, the 20-40 game died, the 15-30 game died, and the 10-20 game doesn't have the huge share of fish that it used to. Not to say that the game still isn't pretty good, but it's a shadow of its former self, especially since most of the super-loose action freaks want to play no-limit.

Has it truly turned around, in that the worst limit players are back at Resorts? I've only played there a few times at resorts and usually been successful. If only it wasn't such a painful drive...

08-17-2005 03:15 PM

Re: Is Resorts now an easier game than Potawatomi?

I feel that now with no limit being offered Resorts is the best in the midwest for Limit. On weekends there is usally 7 or 8 games going at diffrent limits. In July I was at Empress & Hollywood where the limit tables were very active.

phuc 08-17-2005 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel that now with no limit being offered Resorts is the best in the midwest for Limit. On weekends there is usally 7 or 8 games going at diffrent limits. In July I was at Empress & Hollywood where the limit tables were very active.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think the NL game drew the sharks away from the limit game?? Or how did the NL game affect the fishiness of the limit games? Fish come to play NL but realize they bust out too quickly and they decide to try limit??

08-17-2005 04:19 PM

If you are a good limit player you can still do well at Resorts. Over the past two years I feel very little has changed in the limit games there. I do feel that no limit is the future for holdem players. With the buy-in going down new players are moving to no limit. When Trump in Gary opened it's cardroom two years ago the only game was limit. Now you can find four or five 200 max NL games going with more fish then in Lake Michigan [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

08-17-2005 04:24 PM

What is the NL game at Potowatomi (sp?) like. I haven't been up to try it yet. Is it as fishy as the Trump?

08-17-2005 04:25 PM

I would to add that at Trump when the fish get busted the are ten more waiting in line. Once you know who the sharks are you can do very well.

phuc 08-17-2005 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are a good limit player you can still do well at Resorts. Over the past two years I feel very little has changed in the limit games there...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I misunderstood your first post. I understood it as "because no-limit is now being offered at Resorts, the limit game is the best in the Midwest."

PokerBob 08-17-2005 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would to add that at Trump when the fish get busted the are ten more waiting in line. Once you know who the sharks are you can do very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be in RAcine WI in a week and intended to hit Potawonami. Is 10/20 the biggest game they spread now? Is the room no-smoking?

downtown 08-17-2005 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...more fish then in Lake Michigan [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are fish in the lake? Huh.

STG 08-17-2005 05:07 PM

Yes it is a non-smoking enclosed room, with smoking available right outside the door. They spread 15/30 along with 10/20, but there is usually only 1 table of each going, and usually 2 to 3 no-limit tables going. Yes it is fishy!