Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   50-100 hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365484)

The Gift Of Gab 10-25-2005 09:44 PM

50-100 hand

3- or 4-handed. Folded to me in the SB and I make it 300 with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. KKF calls in the BB. I have about 17000 and he covers.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet 600 and he calls.

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet 1800 and he makes it 5600. I call 3800.

River 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Pot is 13000. I have about 10500 left and go all-in.

Yeti 10-25-2005 09:48 PM

Re: 50-100 hand

Did you consider shoving the turn?

The Gift Of Gab 10-25-2005 09:53 PM

Yes, but I don't think it would have worked often enough.

Yeti 10-25-2005 09:55 PM

I really like your line. This way is indeed probably better than shoving the turn, seeing as you have around half the deck to fire out on.

lapoker17 10-25-2005 10:00 PM

I would think there was very little FE at that point on the turn - Which to me means that check/call turn or c/r turn all-in are superior.

durrrr 10-25-2005 10:07 PM

I like it. About what do you think KKF needs to call GoG?

Jason Strasser 10-25-2005 10:21 PM

I'm going to guess you aren't representing a set because I feel like most of the time you are going to be jamming it on the turn.... Using the logic that led you to conclude that a reraise AI on the turn wont work often enough (ie, you expect a call so you push a big hand and your opponent may be drawing and has either high card queen or a insta call hand on the river which is not a good spot for you out of position)...

So, I'm going to guess you are representing a flush here or 89 or some other flopped or turned two pair that boated. It's really unlikely you have just an 8 here given the action.

All-in all I think you are going to have to rely on Kane not already having a hand he can insta call here (any flush any boat any eight) and you are praying he will lay down any decent 2pair. I think if he calls here with JT its probably the same as calling with AK given your likely range.

I'm still on the fence as to whether I like it or not, but I think selling a very strong here is not so believable given your turn play. If I'm Kane I'm thinking you show me eights full or air way more than you show me a flush even, so that call with JT/AK looks all the more tempting.

-Jason

durrrr 10-25-2005 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to guess you aren't representing a set because I feel like most of the time you are going to be jamming it on the turn.... Using the logic that led you to conclude that a reraise AI on the turn wont work often enough (ie, you expect a call so you push a big hand and your opponent may be drawing and has either high card queen or a insta call hand on the river which is not a good spot for you out of position)...

So, I'm going to guess you are representing a flush here or 89 or some other flopped or turned two pair that boated. It's really unlikely you have just an 8 here given the action.

All-in all I think you are going to have to rely on Kane not already having a hand he can insta call here (any flush any boat any eight) and you are praying he will lay down any decent 2pair. I think if he calls here with JT its probably the same as calling with AK given your likely range.

I'm still on the fence as to whether I like it or not, but I think selling a very strong here is not so believable given your turn play. If I'm Kane I'm thinking you show me eights full or air way more than you show me a flush even, so that call with JT/AK looks all the more tempting.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think GoG pushes the river w? Imo its a bluff, or:
89/t8/a8, (KQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], KJ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], KT [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], QT [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 75 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

Lawrence Ng 10-25-2005 11:59 PM

I've seen you bluff enough on the river that this makes it an easy call Gab.

Lawrence

James282 10-26-2005 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen you bluff enough on the river that this makes it an easy call Gab.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

With what hands? With this texture, I don't think 2:1 is a great price for AK type hands. Your response is exactly why good players like Gab get paid off way more than they should.
-James