Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Evacuees being turned away from Houston's Astrodome (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328060)

ligastar 09-02-2005 01:07 AM

Evacuees being turned away from Houston\'s Astrodome

WTF is going on here. CNN just reported from the Astrodome that Houston police, on orders from the fire marshall, is not allowing anymore survivors in. The evacuees are distraught. I would snap if after the 7 hour drive I was told not to get off the bus.

They showed the floor of the Astrodome a few hours ago and I was thinking things are filling up fast.

Jeeeeez ... this has been just terrible.

Greg H.

Eurotrash 09-02-2005 01:08 AM

Re: Evacuees being turned away from Houston\'s Astrodome

[ QUOTE ]
WTF is going on here. CNN just reported from the Astrodome that Houston police, on orders from the fire marshall, is not allowing anymore survivors in. The evacuees are distraught. I would snap if after the 7 hour drive I was told not to get off the bus.

They showed the floor of the Astrodome a few hours ago and I was thinking things are filling up fast.

Greg H.

[/ QUOTE ]

LET THEM PLAY! LET THEM PLAY!

garyjacosta 09-02-2005 01:10 AM

I think a reporter this evening summed it up best...

We're in Iraq under the pretense that we are defenders of peace and helping the oppressed citizens.....

And this is how we handle the suffering in our own country.
What must the world think now?

jason_t 09-02-2005 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Greg H.

[/ QUOTE ]

LET THEM PLAY! LET THEM PLAY!

[/ QUOTE ]

Superdome then Astrodome.

Let's play two!

ligastar 09-02-2005 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a reporter this evening summed it up best...

We're in Iraq under the pretense that we are defenders of peace and helping the oppressed citizens.....

And this is how we handle the suffering in our own country.
What must the world think now?

[/ QUOTE ]

This thought crossed my mind the other day. Very humbling. On a sidenote, I heard that the UN offered assistance in the way of expertise (i.e. recovering infrastructure from flooding, real specific big think stuff, not $$$) and the U.S. has yet to reply.

ThaSaltCracka 09-02-2005 01:16 AM

this whole situation is a huge clusterfuck.

Matty 09-02-2005 01:18 AM

FEMA rescue workers are being made to pay for the gasoline to run their boats out of their own pockets ...

Someone [censored] take charge. Please.

battschr 09-02-2005 01:24 AM

I know I'll be told to take it to another forum, so I'll just say that the lack of leadership here has been apalling.

09-02-2005 01:32 AM

when I saw the videotape tonight on MSNBC I felt sick to my stomach. Even now I can't get the images of those people out of my head. I feel guilty that I had a warm dinner and can sleep in a bed tonight.

If our country can't get organized enough to get food to those poor people then we are truly pathetic and need to find ways to improve real fast. I know I won't sleep well tonight.

Uglyowl 09-02-2005 01:36 AM

Not the easiest thing that is going on right now to fix. It is way too early to tell how the response effort has been.

Only so much is humanly possible! Too much blame going on right now.