Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AA with 4 opponents. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399153)

12-15-2005 06:22 PM

AA with 4 opponents.

My computer chrashed so I have no reads whatsoever on any of these.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Explanation? No.

Flop: (21.00 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

What hoping that my raise here would scare away at least one, but no...

Turn: (15.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

This is where I start questioning my play. But with 4 opponents what can I really do here? Someone is bound to have a better hand than one pair here... and since they called the bet they wont go anywhere to my raise, all I do is making the pot bigger with a hand that I don't feel is the best atm.

River: (20.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

I was ready to cap it here. Seems fine? K10 and 9 10 is the only hands that beat me.

Final Pot: 29.50 BB.

shant 12-15-2005 06:28 PM

Re: AA with 4 opponents.

Wow this is tough hand readless. I guess UTG is on KK or AK and can't let it go. The only hands I can figure for the SB is 9T or QJ, but I feel like the typical player would checkraise 9T on the turn. The problem is anyone thinking can put you on at least 2-pair on that river, so checkraising QJ would be pretty stupid.

One hand I just thought of is some sort of set, but they'd all be pretty oddly played if he had 44,88,JJ, or QQ.

I think with UTG commmitted to showing down, the 3-bet is good. I would really hate being capped on the river though.

Yeah, I think I play this the same.

12-15-2005 06:32 PM

I'm worried about SB here, he cold called preflop and on the flop... and now donked the turn... That has to say a lot, to me he MUST have a straight and donked an open ender on the turn... but I suppose a flush draw is equally as likely. But why is he raising this river if he missed? What else could he have, I suppose 2 pair or a set?

12-15-2005 06:35 PM

i'm probably raising the turn and calling a 3-bet. I think I cap the river and expect to see SB's counterfeited lower set.

ajm36 12-15-2005 06:40 PM

Everything looks good except the turn which I raise, but with the number of people in the pot, your decision seems fine. I would guess that SB either has T9, QJ, JJ, or QQ, or he could betting the flush draw. SB will most likely 3-bet T9 and QQ, and is more likely to just call with QJ and JJ and the flush draw. He won't be 3-betting a worse hand than yours. I really think everything you did here was fine.

Edit: I did not address the 88 and 44 possibility from SB, but these are also set poss. and may not get 3-bet from SB either.

12-15-2005 06:50 PM

preflop and flop seem fine, if someone is drawing to some kind of raggedy straight or flush on the turn we should raise to make them pay, although if i had to guess i'd say we're behind then. nice river, definitely cap it. maybe we jumped ahead of a lower set?

bbb

12-16-2005 03:43 AM

Ok since here isn't any more discussion.

SB showed T9 and took down the pot. Looking at it afterwards, his line should have told me that I am drawing dead here. But he could aswell have 44 or 88.

12-16-2005 07:44 AM

SB should have bet the flop.