Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ($27) Call an allin with a draw? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353595)

jeffraider 10-09-2005 03:40 AM

Re: ($27) Call an allin with a draw?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget about the times you're actually ahead already. I think this is an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I think this call is good because he's probably either semi-bluffing and you're ahead right now or he's got a smallish PP and you've got overs plus the flush draw.

Pudge714 10-09-2005 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget about the times you're actually ahead already. I think this is an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the call, but what is he pushing that you are ahead with ace high?

handsome 10-09-2005 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold pre flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo

10-09-2005 02:15 PM

Probably. If his range is 22+, AT+ (which is plausible given he is LAG) then you are 45:55, so a call is correct based on the pot odds. You might also catch him bluffing with Q9 or such.

Slim Pickens 10-09-2005 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a worse flush draw or a gutshot, or a total bluff

10-09-2005 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think A3 or A4 is that likely? As for the flush draw I can only think of KJs KQs, QJs. Maybe a stop and go with missed high cards that is probable, but I think more likely is 22+ without a set, or JT+. I guess the only hand in that range your in real bad shape against is AT otherwise easy call.

jeffraider 10-09-2005 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think A3 or A4 is that likely? As for the flush draw I can only think of KJs KQs, QJs. Maybe a stop and go with missed high cards that is probable, but I think more likely is 22+ without a set, or JT+. I guess the only hand in that range your in real bad shape against is AT otherwise easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only a $27 he could have easily called the (stupid) raise with 75s, 65s, A2 with the 2 of spades, etc. Seriously, this guy has a pretty massive range for this move. He could also have KJ with no spades.

Slim Pickens 10-09-2005 04:38 PM

This is also a classic stop-n-go. That flop is as good as any to push any two into a preflop raiser. I wouldn't discount a total bluff here if you're giving your opponent any credit.

bawcerelli 10-09-2005 05:35 PM

i'd fold preflop.

Pudge714 10-09-2005 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think A3 or A4 is that likely? As for the flush draw I can only think of KJs KQs, QJs. Maybe a stop and go with missed high cards that is probable , but I think more likely is 22+ without a set, or JT+. I guess the only hand in that range your in real bad shape against is AT otherwise easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words he is not discounting a stop and go