Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AA vs LoisLane and Erik1234 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356429)

PokerMike 10-12-2005 09:48 PM

AA vs LoisLane and Erik1234

The donator just left the table and Erik1234 took his seat, obviously this is my last orbit at the table. For those that don't know, Erik is a force to be reckoned with and Lois isn't that great, but not that bad either(she is 36/24/1.8 filtered for 5.4 players).

Erik opens UTG, LoisLane 3bets UTG+1 and i cap A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] right behind them. Three of us see a 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flop for many small bets. Erik checks, Lois checks, i bet, Erik c/r's, Lois 3bets, i cap and they both call. Turn is where it gets interesting. A 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] comes and they both check again. I valuebet and now Eric c/r's, Lois folds.

Normally this is an easy calldown and a 3bet would be spewing, but i'm not sure if 3betting is out of the question because of Eric's turn play. Whats his hand range here? AA/KK/QQ/99/XcXc? If i am behind to a flush or full then why would Erik c/r here and force Lois out? He'd be passing up on getting value out of Lois here.

I just called, but am wondering if an argument can be made for 3betting. I asked stox and at first glance he said a 3bet is spewing, but at second glance maybe not.

ggbman 10-12-2005 09:53 PM

Re: AA vs LoisLane and Erik1234

I think when you cap the flop, he does not c/r the turn very often without a hand that beats yours, and you definitly don't want to expose yourself to a cap here. I like a call down.

James282 10-12-2005 09:54 PM

I think a three-bet is good. He could VERY easily have KK(club or not) or even QQ. I think it's unlikely enough that you are behind here, Erik is very very aggro.
-James

ggbman 10-12-2005 09:59 PM

Ok well James made 160k last month, i have changed my stance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

partygirluk 10-12-2005 10:01 PM

Is there any way Erik would fold QQ or KK with no club to your turn 3 bet?

James282 10-12-2005 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok well James made 160k last month, i have changed my stance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I switched to Nl for a while because I was in a big downswing in limit, so who knows [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This game does play insanely aggro though. Hero's cap could mean TT from time to time. Seriously.
-James

ggbman 10-12-2005 10:07 PM

"yeah so i decided to dick around with NL a little and accidently won a small condo somewhere"

FU. Seriously though James, the interview was very cool, i got a lot out of it. Interesting that this game is THAT aggro where TT/JJ ever cap the flop after this action.

James282 10-12-2005 10:07 PM

I'm also thinking that calling the turn and raising the non club river might not be a bad line either.
-James

partygirluk 10-12-2005 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also thinking that calling the turn and raising the non club river might not be a bad line either.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you fold if he 3 bets the river?

rigoletto 10-12-2005 10:23 PM

I like the 3-bet if that is the last money you put in the pot! And I like it much better than calling down. BTW Erik's hand ranges is wider here than you suggest.