Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A Clarkmeister hand...played OK or spewing? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=324807)

GMan42 08-28-2005 10:47 PM

A Clarkmeister hand...played OK or spewing?

Interpoker $2/$4 9-handed

Hero is SB with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
7 folds, Hero raises, Villain 3-bets, Hero calls.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, Villain raises, Hero 3-bets, Villain calls.

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, Villain raises, Hero calls.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets...

Villain seemed reasonable in the short time he was at the table. I'm uncertain of how much I like my play on any street...Was the OOP steal with JT way out of line? Did I push too hard on the flop/turn? Good application of the Clarkmeister play on the river?

Rizen 08-28-2005 10:52 PM

Re: A Clarkmeister hand...played OK or spewing?

I fold this on the turn personally... I don't dislike your flop play here, but I can't see what you're possibly ahead of on the turn without some sort of read on the villain. I also think the River bluff will fail far too often given the previous strength shown by the villain to be +EV. Just my .02

-Rizen

TheMetetron 08-28-2005 10:57 PM

I like it at higher levels. I don't know what the play is like at $2/4 though. JTo for a raise from the SB first in is definitely not out of line though.

W. Deranged 08-29-2005 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold this on the turn personally... I don't dislike your flop play here, but I can't see what you're possibly ahead of on the turn without some sort of read on the villain. I also think the River bluff will fail far too often given the previous strength shown by the villain to be +EV. Just my .02

-Rizen

[/ QUOTE ]

I think folding the turn with top pair in a heads-up blind battle is probably too tight in most situations.

I like the opportunity to bluff the river here, as heads-up villain might bet a bunch of hands for value once you check the river, and so sometimes a bet will go in anyway.

Personally I think this hand is well-played.

pokergrader 08-29-2005 02:39 AM

I cant imagine him folding the best hand here (in his mind its just one more bet to see that you drew out on his kings!) , nor can I imagine him calling with anything you beat.

I would check/call the river to try to induce a bluff, but with a better read I could fold the turn.