Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   TT hand, 50nl (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377923)

Stork 11-14-2005 01:13 AM

TT hand, 50nl

villain has only been here alittle while, but has been raising a decent amount preflop, especially when he is in the big blind and I complete my small blind. So far I've just been folding to those.

Villain has 61.45, I cover. 6-max game, btw.

I raise to 2 with black tens in the cutoff, villain makes it 5 to go on the button. Blinds get out of the way and we take the flop heads up.

Flop is 6 3 7 with two hearts.
I check, villain bets 5 into the 10 pot. I call.

Turn: Ac
I think about betting 3/4s pot, but decide to check. Villain insta-pots it for 20, I fold. Ya?

amoeba 11-14-2005 01:17 AM

Re: TT hand, 50nl

I think you can just fold the flop.

actually you should be glad the A showed up as you were probably considering calling down if your overpair remained overpair.

11-14-2005 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: Ac
I think about betting 3/4s pot, but decide to check. Villain insta-pots it for 20, I fold. Ya?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya.
Sounds about right

Stork 11-14-2005 01:26 AM

What makes you think he is so strong? A lag makes a small reraise preflop, then makes a weak follow through on an undercard flop. I think its far more likely he has AK-AJ here.

11-14-2005 01:49 AM

what makes you think he is re-raise with something like KJ. Yes AK is a possibility but AA/KK/QQ is a higher possibility. The 5 bet on the flop pretty much tells you he has overpair and wants either a call or an over the top raise to trap you, thank the ace for showing up or you most likely would have been stacked.

amoeba 11-14-2005 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What makes you think he is so strong? A lag makes a small reraise preflop, then makes a weak follow through on an undercard flop. I think its far more likely he has AK-AJ here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i probably get taken off the best hand sometimes but really if you think he is on Ax, then just checkraise him all in.

you don't know which broadway hurts you if it hits on the turn so check calling the flop is not the way to go.

Stork 11-14-2005 02:28 AM

I'd imagine an overpair would be betting somewhere between 2/3rds pot and full pot. Sure the half pot bet could be trapping, but I think it's a sign of weakness far more often, especially from lags.

Stork 11-14-2005 02:31 AM

I was thinkin about c/r'ing all in, but the stack sizes seemed too big. I was probably gonna get it in on a non-scary turn, probably J or lower. Of course, that could change depending on exactly how the action goes down.

Kirkrrr 11-14-2005 03:05 AM

Re-raise preflop. Not having done that, check-raise flop. Fold turn as played.

Kirk

Stork 11-14-2005 06:30 PM

With 100+BB stacks, I don't think reraising a dangerous player OOP with a hand that most likely is just a slight favorite is a good idea.

How much would you suggest c/r'ing the flop? Pot size, and shove turn? Or just c/r all in right there?

Hypotheticaly, suppose I pot it, and he pushes. What then?