Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Semi-bluffing the turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381697)

TGoldman 11-19-2005 06:09 PM

Semi-bluffing the turn

Omaha H/L PL ($100)
Seat 5: Villain ($96.50 in chips)
Seat 7: Hero ($107.75 in chips)
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Hero [Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Villain: calls $1
folder: folds
Hero: calls $1
SB: calls $0.50
BB: checks
----- FLOP ----- [5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
SB: checks
BB: checks
Villain: bets $2
Hero: calls $2
SB: folds
BB: folds
----- TURN ----- [5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]][Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Villain: bets $2
Hero: raises to $14

Is this a standard semi-bluff raise of villain's weak looking bet?

Jorge10 11-19-2005 06:19 PM

Re: Semi-bluffing the turn

Pretty standard. I like the play, most people will probably call with their low draw, every once in a while you will reraised, but you got outs.

TGoldman 11-19-2005 07:15 PM

Would you still make this raise if there was one person left to act behind the hero? Or is it best to keep these kinds of semi-bluff raises to heads-up situations?

Jorge10 11-19-2005 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you still make this raise if there was one person left to act behind the hero? Or is it best to keep these kinds of semi-bluff raises to heads-up situations?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising with 1 more to act behind you is ok, but more than 1 is probably a bad idea because the flop bet was too small. If 2 or more people called behind you they could have anything including a baby set or maybe all high cards and they aren’t going anywhere after the turn, they might even come over the top if they hit two pair, a straight wrap or maybe even a set of queens.

Cooker 11-20-2005 02:49 AM

I think this raise is pretty standard, but I don't think it is much of a semibluff. I wouldn't be surprised if villain has only some kind of draw (probably low only, but he might have A34 although I would bring the pain with that holding if I were him) and is making blocking bets, although I have seen some weak players tread carefully with lower sets this way as well. Still, I think you are often against A3 with nothing else, so you are probably raising for value here.

Ribbo 11-20-2005 03:51 AM

That's a value bet, not a bluff....