Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Please god make it stop! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307389)

Nottom 08-04-2005 02:43 AM

Please god make it stop!

Down 34 buyins and still going ...

I think i'm gonna go crazy soon.

Shilly 08-04-2005 02:45 AM

Re: Please god make it stop!

Just keep at it...

I just clawed my way out of the biggest downswing I've had since I started playing SNGs, I'm sure you can make it, too.

08-04-2005 02:55 AM

I have luckily never been on a huge downswing, but im sure the day will come soon enough. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

iggy 08-04-2005 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have luckily never been on a huge downswing, but im sure the day will come soon enough. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, it will.

And it will get better too. Had the roughest two week streak of my life at the end of last month, lost half my roll.

Of course times like this past monday's 50 SNG's at 88% ROI start to make everything better.

lastchance 08-04-2005 03:32 AM

Go to sleep. Play poker tomorrow. Win game. Be happy.

Scuba Chuck 08-04-2005 03:34 AM

It's "Fish Week" on party poker. If I'm ahead 3:1 or better, I only win 25% of the time. I was down ~53 buyins about 10 days ago. Came back and made 75 buyins. I went down 30 buyins within the last 24 hours (just in one day!).

It's surprising to me how use to this I'm getting.

EricW 08-04-2005 03:37 AM

I like reading these posts. It makes me feel better about the past 10 days I've had - basically just breaking even and being able to accurately predict which 3 or 4 outer will hit on the river.

It sucks. It makes me doubt if I have any skill at all. But seeing that the best players in this forum go through the same thing is extremely comforting.

SlackerMcFly 08-04-2005 03:38 AM

I (sadly) am experiencing the dreaded "That which will not be named".

Therefore, I will not play any more tonight for fear that:
I will end up eating poop and stabbing a dude......

SlackerMcSlide

ilya 08-04-2005 03:51 AM

I must admit this makes me feel all warm inside. Good to know someone is running worse than I am....

But seriously, good luck, I hope things turn around soon.

tigerite 08-04-2005 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like reading these posts. It makes me feel better about the past 10 days I've had - basically just breaking even and being able to accurately predict which 3 or 4 outer will hit on the river.

It sucks. It makes me doubt if I have any skill at all. But seeing that the best players in this forum go through the same thing is extremely comforting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I had the same last night. Was down 13 buy-ins at one point, pulled it back through a 1,2,2,2 finish in last 6 to end up "only" 3.5 buyins down. It was awful, AQ losing to A6 on the bubble, AJ to AT, A3 which I stop-and-go'd to KJ on a flop of AK3, AT to A9, JJ to 88 on a Qxx flop when he riverred his 8 (this from the flop), ahh.. it was ridiculous.

Plus the usual losing to some 2+2er who decided to push into my bb from sb when I had 4bb behind, which was an easy call with A4, with 35o and hitting a 5 on the river, and the usual crap, but failing almost every time to win a 40/60 myself..