Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   2+2 Tourney - Hand 2 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396951)

Aaron W. 12-12-2005 04:56 PM

2+2 Tourney - Hand 2

Is this the right sort of hand to try to steal with?

I thought about giving up on 5th when he caught another low and flush case, but I couldn't bring myself to fold a live 4-flush. Am I wrong to chase here?

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level II (25/50), Ante 5, Bring-In 10 (converter)

Seat 2: 1,655
Seat 3: 1,763
Seat 4: 1,809
Hero: 1,671
Seat 6: 475
Seat 8: 1,627

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.20 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (4.10 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (6.10 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (8.10 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks

Total pot: (8.10 BB)

jon_1van 12-12-2005 05:04 PM

Re: 2+2 Tourney - Hand 2

This hand seems fine.

imported_getfunky 12-12-2005 05:09 PM

unlike the buried 8's in the previous post which are not playable in 8/b, a live three flush with a big card up, and an ace, baby in the hole is not only appropriate for a steal but is a playable hand. You did the right thing by raising to to represent a split pair: if the lows should bust out you can steal it later in the hand..however if you don't catch a spade or a baby and the lows catch good, be done with the hand on 4th.

Spladle Master 12-13-2005 10:01 AM

Check fourth. Rest is fine.

blumpkin22 12-13-2005 10:14 AM

An argument could be made for folding 5th here.

jon_1van 12-13-2005 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't push out the guy in the middle? (Assuming 58s raises)

Alchemist 12-13-2005 11:23 AM

I think it's somewhat dependent on who you're up against.

Even though Seat 6 caught good on 4th, I can't see not betting out here. On 5th he catches perfect. It will now cost you 3BB to get to a showdown where I think you'll be lucky to get half. I might call 5th, but once I miss again on 6th, I'd probably lay it down.

mscags 12-13-2005 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't push out the guy in the middle? (Assuming 58s raises)

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like a check raise on this street.

imported_getfunky 12-13-2005 04:35 PM

as for folding 5th or 6th, i disagree since your still drawing at a possible scoop, and it's possible you might punish this player if he has a smaller flush - of course if you knew the low was made, a 5th st. fold would be a no-brainer.

Andy B 12-14-2005 12:18 AM

This is a decent starting hand. That tournament was tight enough that I think it was worth raising to try to buy the antes.

I will assume that the 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] was held by someone who you thought to be a decent player. I don't think there were too many people who were completely clueless in that tournament. With that 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], it is fairly likely that he has a very good draw. I would check and call. Beyond that, there's nothing you can do but check and thank your lucky stars the other guy didn't bet the river.