Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Recommend something for me to buy from Amazon.com (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=336746)

Dex 09-14-2005 02:58 PM

Recommend something for me to buy from Amazon.com

I'm buying a $19.99 item on Amazon.com, but I want Super Saver Shipping, so my order should be at least $25. I can't think of anything else that I really want from there right now. What should I buy that's at least $5.01 but no more than $10 or so?

SL__72 09-14-2005 03:00 PM

Re: Recommend something for me to buy from Amazon.com

Just pay for shipping, its less then the $5 you're going to spend on something you don't really want and the "super saver" shipping always takes well over a week from my experience.

Dex 09-14-2005 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just pay for shipping, its less then the $5 you're going to spend on something you don't really want and the "super saver" shipping always takes well over a week from my experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, shipping on this item is $5.58 so it's close.

Shajen 09-14-2005 03:09 PM

buy a plastic spatula.

Blarg 09-14-2005 03:10 PM

Yeah, supersaver has gotten seriously slow. Weeks, sometimes.

I'd recommend just going to overstock.com if you can find the same stuff there. Prices are usually the same or cheaper, and I hear good things about their speed.

For cheap stuff -- they often have real cheap DVD's on sale. Sometimes there's decent stuff in their "bargain bin."

jojobinks 09-14-2005 03:11 PM

pimps up hoes down for $7

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-14-2005 03:17 PM

Buy an iAudio M3.

stabn 09-14-2005 03:55 PM

Buy a dildo.

Dex 09-14-2005 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pimps up hoes down for $7

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I ended up getting, at a co-worker's request, Slayer - Reign In Blood: Still Reigning on DVD for $9.97, which he is going to buy from me when it arrives. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

The original item, by the way, was the Zenith ZHDTV1 HDTV/UHF Digital Indoor Antenna (Silver and Black).

Dex 09-14-2005 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buy a dildo.

[/ QUOTE ]

We just had this conversation at work:

"Ha! Someone said 'buy a dildo'."
"You should do it."
"Amazon doesn't sell that kind of stuff, do they?"
"I bet they do."

So I go to Amazon and do a search for "dildo".

Sure enough, the first result is the Mr. Big - FlexoFlesh® 6.3" Realistic Dildo (Natural) for $75.95.

This despite the notice at the bottom of the page that says "These search results have been filtered to remove adult products." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Someone says "Search for butt plug."

So, I do. The first result is a book called The Baby Jesus Butt Plug: A Fairy Tale, by Carlton Mellick III, for $9.95. Other titles by this author include Razor Wire Pubic Hair, Satan Burger, Electric Jesus Corpse, The Menstruating Mall, Fishyfleshed, and, of course, The Steel Breakfast Era: The Decadent Return of the Hi-Fi Queen and Her Embryonic Reptile Infection.

Oh yeah, they have a wide selection of butt plugs, too.