Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Good Idea to protest my parking ticket? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346655)

MarkSummers 09-29-2005 01:48 AM

Good Idea to protest my parking ticket?

Coming home from campus yesterday, I park on the street next to mine which I'm not very familiar with. I didn't see it at the time but there was a tall Handicap parking only sign on the side of the street which I couldn't see the top of through my windshield.

My roomate informs me today that I got the ticket and I go to get it from my car and move it. $195 ticket. Oh boy. This is my first ticket ever. Any use in protesting it to get it lowered? I understand this was totally my fault and I'm not denying that but I figure I have nothing to lose in doing this.

Any thoughts?

sexdrugsmoney 09-29-2005 01:50 AM

Re: Good Idea to protest my parking ticket?

Some cripple was annoyed by your carelessness.

Pay the fine. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

shant 09-29-2005 01:50 AM

What is your protest argument going to be?

theweatherman 09-29-2005 01:51 AM

I doubt that they can raisethe fine (and by doubt i mean 'know they cant') so whats the harm in protesting it. Worst case senerio is you pay and your out the time it takes for a court date.

sexdrugsmoney 09-29-2005 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt that they can raisethe fine (and by doubt i mean 'know they cant') so whats the harm in protesting it. Worst case senerio is you pay and your out the time it takes for a court date.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forget the court fee.

MarkSummers 09-29-2005 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is your protest argument going to be?

[/ QUOTE ]

That I didn't see it. Weak, I know. Again, this was totally a result of my carelessness and I'm not trying to get out of paying the ticket. But $195 for a parking ticket is steep. I just want to see if they can bring it down.

Iplayboard 09-29-2005 01:57 AM

I just got a parking ticket on my campus the other day, although only for $30. I plan on protesting by not paying it.

MarkSummers 09-29-2005 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got a parking ticket on my campus the other day, although only for $30. I plan on protesting by not paying it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a city parking ticket since I live off campus. $30 isn't much and i wouldn't have a problem with that. $50 is reasonable as well. If I don't pay this ticket though within 20 days, it goes up to $345 though.

09-29-2005 02:31 AM

I recently got an oncampus permit-only parking ticket. I can pay 15 dollars now, or supposidly, 50 dollars later. I'm wondering, what are the chances that I have to pay this? How would they ever force me to pay this campus issued parking ticket? Worse comes to worse, couldnt I just go to the campus parking office and negotiate a lower price?

edfurlong 09-29-2005 02:39 AM

I went to a state school and after ignoring my tickets I found that they were considerate enought to tack them on to my tuition.

On campus tickets that is.