Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Trip Ks on the Flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334927)

Soh 09-12-2005 06:43 AM

Trip Ks on the Flop

I was wondering what's my playe here on the flop.

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: I limped first in from middle position with with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Bad player (BP)called. cut-off (CO) called, Solid player (SP) on the button raised. The SB called. I called.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, I bet, BP raise, SP immediately re-raise, CO folds, and SB cold-call 3-bet.

What would you do in this spot?
Also, did I play right by betting the flop?

Thanks

aK13 09-12-2005 06:46 AM

Re: Trip Ks on the Flop

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: I limped first in from middle position with with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this.

I also hate your flop bet. Check/raise.

private joker 09-12-2005 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I limped first in from middle position

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading right there.

Okay, actually I didn't. But the words "I limped first in" should rarely be written, but add "from middle position" in there and it should *never* be written.

Anyway, on the flop I think you have an easy checkraise.

As it stands, maybe someone has the case K with a better kicker, but you can't really fold, especially with several outs to a boat (even against 33 you have 7 outs).

Chris Daddy Cool 09-12-2005 07:25 AM

to those who like checkraising. why is checkraising better than betting or checkcalling?

09-12-2005 07:54 AM

what limit is this? I think different limits play out a lot differently on this type of hand.

09-12-2005 08:03 AM

I cannot see any advantage of check-raising. This would scare the other players, who probably don't have a better hand. And everybody with a better hand would perhaps reraise. So, betting is far better than check-raising.

Soh 09-12-2005 10:10 AM

3-6.

krimson 09-12-2005 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the c/r here? We have a dominant hand that we want to extract value from. The button was the pre-flop raiser, so we trap most of the field by leading the flop and hoping for a late position raise.

Kevin J 09-12-2005 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the c/r here? We have a dominant hand that we want to extract value from. The button was the pre-flop raiser, so we trap most of the field by leading the flop and hoping for a late position raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether or not you check/raise (the flop), is dependent. But you should have a better chance of extracting the maximum by checking trip kings on this board! Especially given that OP did not raise pre-flop.

Soh 09-12-2005 12:41 PM

Result

After thinking for a bit, I decided to fold.
BP raising my bet with the flop of KK3r, pre-flop raiser raising that, and SB cold-calling 3 bet, was just a little more action that I wanted. If the SB didn't call, I would've called.

Anyway, BP had Q6s (close to nothing on the flop), SP had QQ, and the SB had K9, so I would've won the hand had I called.

Thanks for all your cooments.