Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   A lot of trouble could have been avoided (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400842)

Gamblor 12-18-2005 04:25 PM

A lot of trouble could have been avoided

A hopeless willpowerless fool, I have repeatedly blown large chunks of my bankroll on party BJ.

Until today, when I discovered that if you simply delete the Blackjack images in the PartyPoker folder, then you can no longer access the Blackjack site.

Why oh why did I not know about this 2 months ago?

A 25k lesson well learned. Should I have used the search function here??

OrcaDK 12-18-2005 04:29 PM

Re: A lot of trouble could have been avoided

[insert_wanted_answer_here]

MicroBob 12-18-2005 04:32 PM

$25k blown on blackjack?

Wow.

I guess I don't understand why it is so addictive...or why anyone who is addicted to it can successfully 'solve' the problem by deleting a couple of files (since you can just download it/them again if/when you get the urge to play again).

El Tigre 12-18-2005 04:37 PM

can anyone say Gamblers Annonymous

GrannyMae 12-18-2005 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A hopeless willpowerless fool, I have repeatedly blown large chunks of my bankroll on party BJ.

Until today, when I discovered that if you simply delete the Blackjack images in the PartyPoker folder, then you can no longer access the Blackjack site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enjoy!

uncleshady 12-18-2005 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can anyone say Gamblers Annonymous

[/ QUOTE ]

dudes username is Gamblor and all...

To the OP, sorry to hear about your troubles with party blackjack, I havent heard a success story yet...

Gamblor 12-18-2005 04:47 PM

I should clarify that this run began in september, when I was playing off a 50k roll. I'd lose a chunk playing BJ, and make it back at the tables.

Then I stopped playing the BJ and stayed at poker after I had to take 20k out to pay for tuition and a vacation.

Suddenly, after a bad run of cards, I was down to 5k.

At nopoint did I lose more than 20% of my actual playing roll in any given run, but it's still 25k i wish i had now that I'm rebuilding.

12-18-2005 04:55 PM

I've never quite understood why blackjack is supposed to be entertaining myself. I prefer games where you actually have an opponent to defeat.

istewart 12-18-2005 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha.

Solitare 12-18-2005 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To the OP, sorry to hear about your troubles with party blackjack, I havent heard a success story yet...

[/ QUOTE ]

First week it was up I put $20 at risk for grins. Lost half, won it back, doubled it to $40, quit at $35.

Up $15, and I'll never play it again.