Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The PokerStars Theory (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=291599)

newfant 07-12-2005 07:43 PM

The PokerStars Theory

In another post on this board, someone theorized that Raymer might have an advantage over the pros because he qualified online through PokerStars and was grouped with those players at the start of the tournament as opposed to having to sit at a table with some of the better players who buyin directly.

Is this true? Was Raymer's first table a table comprised of online qualifiers? Did it help him build a big stack which may propel him through the rest of the tourney?

paperboyNC 07-12-2005 07:45 PM

Re: The PokerStars Theory

No. Seat assignments were random and had nothing to do with how a player qualified.

Steel Aces 07-12-2005 07:55 PM

I also heard from this kid, who said that a guy told him that the tournament staff started Greg at table #1 and filled it up with other internet qualifiers. Then whenever he busts a player, the tournament staff searches through the rest of the field for the biggest fish who has sucked out to get a pile of chips, then puts that player at Greg's table.

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

AngusThermopyle 07-12-2005 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also heard from this kid, who said that a guy told him that the tournament staff started Greg at table #1 and filled it up with other internet qualifiers. Then whenever he busts a player, the tournament staff searches through the rest of the field for the biggest fish who has sucked out to get a pile of chips, then puts that player at Greg's table.

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Freshc 07-12-2005 08:39 PM

At band camp, I heard that they mix chicken bones with llama eyeballs to determine who sits with Greg Raymer. Use your friggin' brain, does this sound even vaguely plausible?!!! Argghhh.

EvilDrSluggo 07-12-2005 08:51 PM

I heard he was secretly using a pattern mapper.

bleu329 07-12-2005 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In another post on this board, someone theorized that Raymer might have an advantage over the pros because he qualified online through PokerStars and was grouped with those players at the start of the tournament as opposed to having to sit at a table with some of the better players who buyin directly.

Is this true? Was Raymer's first table a table comprised of online qualifiers? Did it help him build a big stack which may propel him through the rest of the tourney?

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend theorized that PokerStars bought out the World Series of Poker. Therefore, I can see how this is plausible.

jumpthru 07-12-2005 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No. Seat assignments were random and had nothing to do with how a player qualified.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard otherwise...rather, that its in the order you buyin.

valente 07-12-2005 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard otherwise...rather, that its in the order you buyin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Friends of mine qualified on the same satellite tourney on Paridise... and they started on the same day, on the same table.

What are the odds ?? 1 in 550

SoftcoreRevolt 07-12-2005 10:16 PM

I heard that Raymer doesn't really win pots anymore, once he gets a stack of chips he just beats up his opponents in the bathroom, takes their chips and buries the body in a hole in the desert.

A lot of problems are buried in those holes. But you gotta do it right. I mean, you gotta have the hole already dug before you show up with a package in the trunk. Otherwise, you're talking about a half-hour to forty-five minutes worth of digging. And who knows who's gonna come along in that time? Pretty soon, you gotta dig a few more holes. You could be there all night.