Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Talk me out of spending a lot of $ on HDTV (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330965)

09-06-2005 07:56 PM

Re: Talk me out of spending a lot of $ on HDTV

The only thing you need money for is to buy weapons. I reccomend the colt .45.

pokerjoker 09-06-2005 08:04 PM

I just got back from japan and they were showing off super high definition TV there. 2x the res of crappy high def. Id wait till that hits.

Uglyowl 09-06-2005 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In all honesty HD is amazing at first, but after the wow factor goes away there just isn't enough programming yet. I recently canceled my HD service when VOOM busted out and really haven't missed it. It will be a lot better in a few years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on where you live (for sports) and what interests you. I hate watching regular tv now.

Also Directv sucks, they rape you on the equipment, see how your local cable provider is (Comcast in my area is an A+). Directv can go to hell!

Also straight rear projection is not that good. You stand up or watch it to an angle it is pitiful.

JMP300z 09-06-2005 08:22 PM

HDTV changed my life for the better....it made me a better man....it helped me solve all my lifes problems...it is worth any amount of money.

Im not even kidding

-JP

BottlesOf 09-06-2005 08:39 PM

You just need to shop smarter. I have a 30" LCD HDTV, it cost me $800 and it rules.

wonderwes 09-06-2005 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You just need to shop smarter. I have a 30" LCD HDTV, it cost me $800 and it rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. Take half the cash you were planning on spending and buy a slightly lesser tv. Ebay ebay ebay. There are many decent used HDTV's out there that are still perfectly good. You be surprised the deals you will find. Just find a quality one for local pickup. Also check craigslist.com.

CrazyEyez 09-06-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also straight rear projection is not that good. You stand up or watch it to an angle it is pitiful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah that's one of the things holding me back. But plasma is def. more than I want to spend.

CrazyEyez 09-06-2005 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll agree that $800 < $2,000, but you must also concede that 30" < 42".

RollaJ 09-07-2005 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
- Upgrade directivo box to HDtivo box = rape ($???)

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were not for this Id have gotten HD a long time ago. IMO Tivo>>>>>HD

asofel 09-07-2005 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. Take half the cash you were planning on spending and buy a slightly lesser tv. Ebay ebay ebay. There are many decent used HDTV's out there that are still perfectly good. You be surprised the deals you will find. Just find a quality one for local pickup. Also check craigslist.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is this craigslist.com of which you speak?