Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Reraise this river? A boat from the blind (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383143)

DrPublo 11-22-2005 03:02 AM

Reraise this river? A boat from the blind

PP 200NL 6max, 4 handed. Villain in this hand is the SB and aggressive, to say the least. He's c/r me on the turn twice in the past 20 mins. One I laid down AQ on a QJx flop and the other time I mucked middle pair and the nut flush draw (should have checked behind but this is a different story).

Hero has $200 or so, villain covers.

Hero is BB with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Folded to the villain who completes, I check.

Flop ($4): 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain bets $2, Hero raises to $7, villain calls.

Turn ($18): [6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero bets $12, villain calls.

River ($42): [6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero bets $30, Villain raises to $60, Hero...?

Thanks for the input. All comments welcome of course.

The Doc

11-22-2005 03:05 AM

Re: Reraise this river? A boat from the blind

Im pushing over top here. I blieve i can get worse hands to call me such as 5x,straight etc. Value push.

11-22-2005 04:59 AM

how funny would it be if he has 73 and thinks hes the next joe hatchem

i would raise his 60 to 120 which leaves you with 20 or 30 left and i think he will be forced to make the call given odds and probably reraise you all in,
that way it gets all in, i have found that its harder for most people to call a all in, then to put someone all in, thats why i say not to push, just give him great odds to call you

there is a chance he has a better boat though

jkkkk 11-22-2005 06:53 AM

Push.

Wayfare 11-22-2005 02:09 PM

I'm all in here. he calls with straight.

beavens 11-22-2005 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push.

[/ QUOTE ]

fathertime 11-22-2005 04:31 PM

Don't understand why you are asking about this hand. Push unless you've got a very good reason not to. Against this opponent on this board, I can't think of one. If you lose to a higher full, so be it.

Leptyne 11-22-2005 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't understand why you are asking about this hand. Push unless you've got a very good reason not to. Against this opponent on this board, I can't think of one. If you lose to a higher full, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the question either.

4_2_it 11-22-2005 04:59 PM

This exact example is in the poker dictionary describing the term "No Brainer"

TheWorstPlayer 11-22-2005 05:26 PM

I probably push, but I probably should call. Min c/r = rutroh.