Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I Was Called A Moron! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=105125)

charlie_t_jr 07-21-2004 03:31 PM

I Was Called A Moron!

Typical Party 2/4. No reads, I hadn't been at the table long.

EP limps, 2 MP players limp, Button limps, You're in SB with 10, 8o...do you complete?

I did, and was called a moron...so, am I a moron? After the AJo hand I posted yesterday... I'm beginning to think maybe I am a moron [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

chief444 07-21-2004 03:34 PM

Re: I Was Called A Moron!

I must be a moron too because I complete this.

Songwind 07-21-2004 03:36 PM

With no reads, I definitely wouldn't - what if BB raises? Do you want to be in for two bets with those rags?

If they were suited and I was fairly sure the table was passive I would complete T8s, but I'd leave T8o alone, personally.

adanthar 07-21-2004 03:38 PM

Getting 11:1, this is an easy, easy, super easy complete.

If BB raises, folding is debatable. But you're giving money away when you don't complete this hand in a 1:2 blind structure with 4 limpers.

Hallett 07-21-2004 03:40 PM

I agree.

The more I play this game, the more I see that marginal hands like this cost me money over and over. What do you do when you catch a piece of the flop? You will be left with a bad hand out of position, but tempted to keep going. I muck this now, and avoid those temptations. A month or so back, I would be playing it, but no more.

LowDown22 07-21-2004 03:42 PM

I also complete here, but will throw it away if the BB raises.

sfer 07-21-2004 03:47 PM

Easy, easy complete. I would worry very little about the asinine chat that goes on online. I was once called an ass-tard to capping a nut flush draw on the flop into like the whole table. I like that.

Hallett 07-21-2004 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also complete here, but will throw it away if the BB raises

[/ QUOTE ]

On reflection, I like this better than what I just said, though I still want the flop to hit pretty hard to keep going....

LowDown22 07-21-2004 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do when you catch a piece of the flop? You will be left with a bad hand out of position, but tempted to keep going.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm looking to hit the flop hard or get out immediately. In this case, with T8o, if I get a T or 8 on the flop, I'm still looking to fold in most cases. What I really want is two pair, straight draw, or better, else I'm folding to the first sign of a decent hand. So far this has been very successful for me. In most cases, I either lose 1/2 SB or gain many BB.

Songwind 07-21-2004 04:02 PM

Good point. My own strategy is probably just a symptom of my self-admitted spotty preflop release skills. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]