Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   TPTK, board gets scary, should I look him up? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390138)

PoBoy321 12-02-2005 06:47 PM

TPTK, board gets scary, should I look him up?

Hvaen't beeen playing at the table too long, but villain seems kinda passive and not crazy.
Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

12-02-2005 06:58 PM

Re: TPTK, board gets scary, should I look him up?

I'd make the crying call...make a note of how he played this for future reference. I think I'm usually checking behind on the river since I'd be thinking he could be playing a draw.

12-02-2005 07:09 PM

I call this. It's the only close decision though. Well played.

12-02-2005 07:47 PM

What a boring line from SB. I like your fold, you don't beat too much here and it's likely he have a 9 or two pair thinking you will make the betting. I like checking behind on the river since he was drawing to something or made a flush on the turn and that 8 could help him if he was drawing to the straight. I check behind but bet/fold isn't too shabby either.

Btw, isn't this like your third TPTK thread in 1-2 days? Maybe thats a part of your game you need to review. I have no idea since I haven't played with you, I am just wondering.

milesdyson 12-02-2005 07:54 PM

when i make these kinds of good folds, i usually end up leaving the table soon. nice hand though.

Agthorr 12-02-2005 07:57 PM

I'd check-call the river. With such a scary board and a small pot, you're not likely to get a weaker hand to cal, while a better hand will raise.

milesdyson 12-02-2005 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check-call the river. With such a scary board and a small pot, you're not likely to get a weaker hand to cal, while a better hand will raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
first, we can't "check-call" the river. we are last to act.

second, the bolded statement is 100% false. the decision point is after SB check raises, not whether or not to bet or check - that is a not a choice. you have to bet here.

12-02-2005 08:24 PM

i call the river

12-02-2005 09:40 PM

At 2/4 I might be inclined to call this river. Just because it's such a fantastic bluff c/r opportunity for villian. The chance that you missed this board is high and you might even fold if you hit (like you did).

At .25/.5 this is a good fold. NH.

PoBoy321 12-03-2005 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Btw, isn't this like your third TPTK thread in 1-2 days? Maybe thats a part of your game you need to review. I have no idea since I haven't played with you, I am just wondering.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it is something that I'm trying to work on because I think that it's my #1 most overplayed hand. Also, making the switch from NL to limit, I'm trying to find the situations where I'm either losing value or overplaying.