Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Trip Q's what to bet on turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393366)

maranello11 12-07-2005 11:33 AM

Trip Q\'s what to bet on turn

Playing 2/4 NL on Party. Have been at table for about half an hour. Have shown down one hand for win, and taken some decent pots with a bet. Villian nothing out of control, I probably have not been paying enough attention to the table, playing other tables as well.

I have $450 and cover Villian

Hero in big blind and dealt: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

One limper, villian completes, I check.

Flop 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villian bets $10, I call, limper folds.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Villian bets $30

I am 95% sure he has a Q, hopefully a smaller one and has not filled up yet. What should I raise here and if he pushes turn, is this an easy call?

Hattifnatt 12-07-2005 11:38 AM

Re: Trip Q\'s what to bet on turn

Raise the flop.

As played, just call turn and reevaluate on the river.

Ghazban 12-07-2005 11:40 AM

I wouldn't raise at all if I didn't know what I was going to do if he pushed. How can you be so sure he has a queen but so unsure of what a push means?

maranello11 12-07-2005 11:42 AM

I just have a strong feeling he has a Q, what else comes out betting like this in the small blind with no pre-flop raise. I dont think he is trying to steal the pot either. He could have a monster draw. So no raise on turn, I dont like raise on flop.

Hattifnatt 12-07-2005 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont like raise on flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not?

maranello11 12-07-2005 12:01 PM

It allows weaker Q's to get off their hand later on and stronger ones to suck me in for a large chunk of change.

Hattifnatt 12-07-2005 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It allows weaker Q's to get off their hand later on and stronger ones to suck me in for a large chunk of change.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? If he 3-bet you can fold. If he fold a draw its fine for you. If he just call you can check behind on the turn.

maranello11 12-07-2005 12:07 PM

I see what you are saying, but based on this hand do you raise turn or just call.

Hattifnatt 12-07-2005 12:08 PM

I just call (see my first reply).

maranello11 12-07-2005 12:12 PM

Oh yeah, sorry. Ok I raised to 60, dumb minraise I know. he called.
River was a offsuit 4. What do you bet here and why? I know if I was going to raise turn I should have made it 90, but i didnt