Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A few hands for review (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=102877)

Songwind 07-14-2004 03:30 PM

A few hands for review

I had a chance to play for a couple of hours earlier in the week, and did, frankly, not so hot. I'd like to post a few hand histories here and get some feedback.

Here's one I think I got a little lost on. I didn't get any response to my aggression, but didn't really hit anything... I had a feeling that Ace high would take it. Should I have folded the flop since I missed it, even with overcards?

Paradise Poker 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Songwind is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Songwind raises, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Songwind bets, MP2 calls, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Songwind checks, MP2 checks, Button bets, Songwind calls, MP2 calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Songwind checks, MP2 checks, Button bets, Songwind calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Songwind shows Tc Kc (high card, ace).
Button shows Ks Qc (high card, ace).
Outcome: Button wins 10.75 BB. </font>

---------------------------

This one highlights my confusion on aggression in non-obvious situations. Should I have been more agressive here?

Paradise Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Songwind is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Songwind checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Songwind checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Songwind bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Songwind bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Button shows 6d 7d (full house, fours full of sixes).
SB shows 5h Ah (three of a kind, fours).
Songwind shows 6h 9s (full house, fours full of sixes).
Outcome: Button wins 4.50 BB. Songwind wins 4.50 BB. </font>

----------------------------

Good fold? I was pretty sure based on the 3-bet that MP2 had top pair or a big pair.

Paradise Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Songwind is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Songwind raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Songwind raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Songwind calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Songwind folds.

Final Pot: 7.20 BB

No showdown. MP2 wins 7.20 BB. </font>

DMBFan23 07-14-2004 03:50 PM

Re: A few hands for review

Hand 1: please don't fold this on the flop. you have likely T and K outs, plus a backdoor flush. I like the flop bet, especially as the preflop-aggressor. the turn check-call is weird. do you put him on an ace? if so, you're dead and you shouldnt call. if not, you should bet out again or check fold, I usually check fold but I am weak. the only thing you beat on the river is a stone cold miss with overcards or a busted draw. fold to this bet.

Hand 2: I like the turn bet, you get folding equity (did I use this term correctly) and you have outs. what do you do on the river unimproved?

Hand 3: good fold. you have to call the flop 3 bet, but on the turn there is nothing you are not drawing dead to that he would play like this unless he is either a total maniac or has a level of trickiness that I have never seen.

Bill Smith 07-14-2004 03:51 PM

Hand 1: This is definitely not a hand you want to raise preflop. If the table is loose-passive, go ahead and limp, but don't raise. Don't bet the flop with nothing - check-call if you feel like shooting for the 2 overcards, and fold the turn unimproved.

Hand 2: Don't get into the habit of trying to bluff at pots with 3 people still in the hand. For 4 cents, you will be called.

Hand 3: I think this is okay.

Songwind 07-14-2004 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: I like the turn bet, you get folding equity (did I use this term correctly) and you have outs. what do you do on the river unimproved?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-fold. I can't believe a 9 is a good kicker.

DMBFan23 07-14-2004 04:25 PM

me too, I was wondering if you were going to follow through on the bluff...I guess if they called the turn bluffing the river isnt likely...