Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Notetaking (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403550)

Big_Jim 12-22-2005 05:29 PM

Re: Notetaking

On a PT database, I presume?

It's funny, I'm actually working on GT+/PA ripoff of my own, although it's still very early in the development.

Raven 12-22-2005 05:33 PM

Is it only me who just write "dumb", "loose caller", "loose aggressive - bluff", "2+2" ?

Gregg777 12-22-2005 05:40 PM

PT is too slow. Everything is imported into a MySQL db. The import takes 1/30 the time it does with PT. I have never done queries in PT, so I can't comment on that.

bkholdem 12-22-2005 06:22 PM

well the other day i purchased a micro cassette recorder so that I can dictate notes as I play. i stopped using pa hud and take general notes as you indicated in your op jim. Now using my new toy I am mostly dicating notes on my own play and areas for improvement. there is some software with the thing so i can download the voice files to my computer and mess with them too. It just makes it quicker than writing in the momment if i think of something i want to remember.

Gregg777 12-22-2005 06:56 PM

Voice recognition software should speed things up.

jonnyUCB 12-22-2005 07:25 PM

I think, for the more dynamic players, whats more important is how the opp is playing at this moment and how you've been playing when you encounter the opponent.

aggie 12-22-2005 08:15 PM

my most common notes involve the names of animals. Goose, pigeon, donkey, and monkey are the most common ones.

jkkkk 12-22-2005 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it only me who just write "dumb", "loose caller", "loose aggressive - bluff", "2+2" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope

Leptyne 12-22-2005 10:30 PM

I do it just like you do. When a player pops up with notes I refresh my mind. I may have to take several peeks. If I find his style has changed then my notes will change. Garland taught me to keep notes of CB and both pre- and post flop minraises. I only play one table so its not hard for me to keep up.

My first note on every player looks like this:

(600-6)::LP-A(D)::L@700

Translated this is $600 6-Max. LP-A speaks for itself. The D means this type of player is a donator. The last stat is a Loser at 700 hands. I use GT+ so it takes a new player a couple of hands to pop up, and I found that sometimes I need to know NOW! If there is a big jump in the hands played since I last noted then it's up to me to pay attention. That's the best I've got.

Good notes are better than none, unless their wrong.

I think another point to keep in mind is that there are players keeping notes on us. Confusion to thine enemies.

There are some obvious gaffs that one doesn't make using PT. I note these people don't use it.

12-22-2005 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use GT+ so it takes a new player a couple of hands to pop up, and I found that sometimes I need to know NOW! If there is a big jump in the hands played since I last noted then it's up to me to pay attention. That's the best I've got.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, but I just go to PT and type in the guys name if need be, only takes a few seconds

But as too notetaking, honestly I'm just too damned lazy. I might look into an automated thingy though