Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I need a plan to avoid paying taxes in full. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356477)

captZEEbo1 10-12-2005 11:01 PM

I need a plan to avoid paying taxes in full.

Sorry if wrong forum.

I don't own property or a business. I made a lot of $ from poker this year. Is there stuff you can do to get a big tax break? Like if I bought a business (McDonalds or something), would all the money I earned not really count as being earned? Or if I bought a house would I get a huge tax break? I don't really have any comprehension of how this works, but is there any kind of investments I could do where I wouldn't have to pay taxes on ALL my earnings?

kenberman 10-12-2005 11:02 PM

Re: I need a plan to avoid paying taxes in full.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if wrong forum.

I don't own property or a business. I made a lot of $ from poker this year. Is there stuff you can do to get a big tax break? Like if I bought a business (McDonalds or something), would all the money I earned not really count as being earned? Or if I bought a house would I get a huge tax break? I don't really have any comprehension of how this works, but is there any kind of investments I could do where I wouldn't have to pay taxes on ALL my earnings?

[/ QUOTE ]

talk to a cpa

PoBoy321 10-12-2005 11:03 PM

I had a neighbor who used to make a lot of money gambling. It was how he paid for his sept-annual cruises to Bermuda. To avoid paying taxes, he used to go to the track and collect losing tickets. He took those tickets, claimed them as gambling losses and didn't have to pay taxes on the money he had won gambling because apparently you can deduct gambling losses from gambling winnings.

InchoateHand 10-12-2005 11:05 PM

Yeah, you can reduce your tax liability to zero by making 4 quarterly estimated payments a year.

theghost 10-12-2005 11:07 PM

The IRS is pretty skeptical about losing lottery tickets or stubs from the track; I don't think this is the way to go. (Of course you're fine until the audit...then one of the tickets has a footprint on it.)

They're not retarded.

bobman0330 10-12-2005 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tax fraud.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

DMBFan23 10-12-2005 11:08 PM

"What a bunch of nerds we are, we're looking up money laundering in a dictionary"

DrunkIrish05 10-12-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if wrong forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

talk to a cpa

[/ QUOTE ]

this won't necessarily help, cpa's can do tons of different things, you need some kind of personal tax advisro

captZEEbo1 10-12-2005 11:11 PM

I guess I should add that I'm looking for a legal way to do it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Does buying a house get you tax breaks or am I way off here?

PoBoy321 10-12-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tax fraud.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it probably was, I have no idea what the laws are, or, for that matter, if he actually did it.