Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Empire's 15 day rule: hope it costs them $ (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=279508)

mattw 06-24-2005 07:02 AM

Empire\'s 15 day rule: hope it costs them $

I too, like alot of players were caught off guard by this no withdrawl 15 days prior to a bonus. I discovered my bonus JUNEFEVER was not valid because I made an arbitrary withdraw last week. So after depositing the $100 for the expected bonus, played for a couple of hours with crap cards, I withdrew 4 times the amount. If alot of the remaining whores did the same, I would think it would have negative impact on them. Keep the bare bones minimum there to play if your getting the r word. May they shoot themselves in the foot.

Bukem_ 06-24-2005 07:11 AM

Re: Empire\'s 15 day rule: hope it costs them $

Does the bonus not work if you withdrew lately, but still have a balance?

mattw 06-24-2005 07:19 AM

no bonus if you withdrew within 15 days. my crystal ball doestnt look that far ahead.

jrz1972 06-24-2005 07:32 AM

FWIW, Empire lost my business. I haven't officially been notified that I'm not getting the bonus (I emailed them this time yesterday and still haven't gotten a response), but when I am, I'm cashing out of Empire.

Now, granted, losing my rake isn't exactly going to bring Empire to its knees. I'm not a profesional player, and I log only about 8k-10k hands per month, almost all at .5/1. Still, I would guess about 1/3 of those hands were played at Empire. In the past several months, I had deliberately gone out of my way to give them a fair amount of action so I wouldn't get banned as a bonus whore. Now that that won't work, there's really no reason for me to play there.

Party can have all of my rake from now on.

Edit: If Party starts pulling this kind of stuff, I'll have to look for alternative sites to scope out. That would be unfortunate as the Party network is a real gravy train.

Blackjack 06-24-2005 07:33 AM

Wow, they're cracking down hardcore. It's pretty ridiculous to me.

Blackjack

jrz1972 06-24-2005 07:42 AM

The thing is, this isn't really "cracking down" on anything. I could understand when Empire decided to start banning people who only played there during bonuses. I don't expect Empire to sit there and lose money on the same people month after month; they're a business after all. And I can also understand not wanting people churn money on the day the bonus goes live, so requiring no withdrawal during the bouns period (or a few days before, assuming its been anounced) seems reasonable.

But this 15 day thing was never anounced, serves no obvious purpose, and really sticks it to Empire's regular customers. It's a gratuitous poke in the eye.

As a private business, Empire can and should be able to handle its bonuses however they want. At the same time, I'd prefer not to play at a site that practically goes out of its way to make life difficult for its customers. They're free to do what they want, and I'm free to play elsewhere, and that's the choice I'm making.

Uglyowl 06-24-2005 08:14 AM

I don't think Empire wants the whores so they are crying you are leaving. I am sure it is expected by them. There are players who make them money and players that they lose money from.

The players they lose money from they are trying to weed out.

Whether this is a good strategy or not is up for debate, but the threats about people leaving is not going to effect Empire.

Empire knows what they want and they are getting it.

BigF 06-24-2005 08:16 AM

Empire is definitely out of line this time. They reject players' bonus requests by quoting the 15 day rule while their T&C for this bonus clearly states "no withdrawal DURING the bonus period". Ridiculous.

JasonP530 06-24-2005 08:16 AM

Where does it discuss the 15 day policy? Has anyone received any emails? I have yet to find it, so i am wondering.

jrz1972 06-24-2005 09:37 AM

As I was careful to mention in my earlier post, I am not a "whore" by anybody's criterion. Yes, I take their bonuses, but I also give them a couple thousand hands of non-bonus play each month, and my account balance is always $300+. That makes me the equivalent of a regular recreational player at their site.

I am basically cool with Empire banning people who cost them money, but I don't fall into that category.