Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   online 20/40 capped 4 ways preflop,flop,turn.Call river with TPTK? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304928)

NLfool 08-01-2005 01:23 AM

online 20/40 capped 4 ways preflop,flop,turn.Call river with TPTK?

Sobedude's big pot hand reminded me of a wild online game last week (6 handed).

I have AhKh in the CO and it gets capped 4 ways preflop

Flop is Jx 9h 2h it is capped again

Turn is Qx again it's capped

River is an A and it goes bet, call, fold there is about ~1600 can I really make this call? But I really think I can buy a lot of fast food for $40.

The caveat is that this is online.

Duke 08-01-2005 03:22 AM

Re: online 20/40 capped 4 ways preflop,flop,turn.Call river with TPTK?

I close my eyes and call, and get ready to add more money to the game. Online I can see you being best here once in a blue moon, and that's about all you need.

If the response is "what can they have?" I'll say KK, a queen flush draw, and a tard with a jack. Maybe even a worse flush draw (45h or something). Yeah 2 pair or a set is more likely, or even a "creative" KT in there for the nuts. You don't need to be good too often, though, and the game is wild, right?

~D

MarkL444 08-01-2005 09:17 AM

do you think folding the best hand will hurt your play?

will folding a loser help your play?

will calling a loser hurt your play.

etc

these are the question i think you need to ask yourself here

toss in the $40 imo

SoBeDude 08-01-2005 09:26 AM

FWIW, I think u need to call here.

The pot is bigger than in my scenario by a very large amount. the game is 6-handed. You just hit an overpair to the board.

-Scott

NLfool 08-01-2005 12:17 PM

Re: Results

yeah of course I called. It's humongous. I was shown 2 sets. Live play, does everyone else fold this?

Anyways it's always been said in large pots don't make mistakes folding for 1 bet but I've run into similar situations about 15 times a week and I really feel I'm leaking away money.

piggity 08-01-2005 12:27 PM

Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
yeah of course I called. It's humongous. I was shown 2 sets. Live play, does everyone else fold this?

[/ QUOTE ]

It *really* depends on the players. In most live mid-limit games this can be an easy laydown.

mrkilla 08-01-2005 12:45 PM

The Ace pretty much is the worse card for you because I think it force you to call even though you know you lost, the pots to huge too,you only need to be right like what once in 40 times? I think I even call with Ace high here, I loose but I call anyway those are odds are just to good to give up for 40 bucks.
You can always get stuff of the dollar menu.