Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A common situation I hate (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406349)

macdaddy991 12-28-2005 03:22 AM

A common situation I hate

No good read on the BB.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero?

I have found myself getting more into this situation as I move up limits. I am still having problems determining which times it is a legit value c/r and when I am being pwnd. (this specific hand was not necessarily me being pwned either, I am just using it as an example.)

shant 12-28-2005 03:44 AM

Re: A common situation I hate

Tonight, a fairly straightforward blah player did this exact move to me on this exact board and I had that exact hand and he had 77 at showdown. He bet the river too. Call down.

Yerma 12-28-2005 03:51 AM

I'd have troubles calling down after getting c/r'd. If it were heads-up, I'd call down just so that players don't feel they can run you over and make you fold at whim. This guy is c/r'ing the both of you though.

Also, I don't know that I'd bet the turn either.

12-28-2005 12:11 PM

*grunch*

Hmmmm...he could have a ten, or a Q. Putting MP2 on KJ, maybe a Q. If you had a read on the BB, you could either raise or fold here....but I think folding for one more here gives away too much. Thinking call the turn and see the river...or you could reraise to get the MP2 out.

Was playing live 4-8 last night, and guy to my right would c/r and reraise with total bluffs. FWIW.

ScottieK

Rudbaeck 12-28-2005 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I don't know that I'd bet the turn either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Baby Jesus weeps if you check here. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

To OP: I'd call down. Yeah, even though there is another player in the pot.

badbill7 12-28-2005 12:20 PM

cant really say anything without reads here so since new to table i think default is to c/c turn river. If i had reads i would probably play diff c/f c/r but since you dont i go with default