Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Always autobet after a preflop raise? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403937)

Bendero 12-23-2005 05:48 AM

Always autobet after a preflop raise?

The table is 44/14

Is my fold to the bettor super weak-tight here? With his bet I am getting odds to peel here but the K and Q of hearts may not be working for me.

If it was checked to me I would have checked to try and see a free card. I dont know if that would be the correct play but I assume so being that I missed the flop entirely and there are 3 other players.

Are my thought processes (or lack thereof) correct here?

Party Poker converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

scotty34 12-23-2005 05:53 AM

Re: Always autobet after a preflop raise?

No, don't always autobet the flop if it is checked to you after a PF raise.

Yes, always autobet this flop if it is checked to you after a PF raise. (OK, that is not quite absolute, but pretty damn close)

With MP's donk here, without specific reads, I would usually raise the flop hoping to drive out the other two players and take a free turn card if offered to me. Calling wouldn't be too terrible. I think folding is the worst of the 3 options here getting 9.5:1 immediately and two others who may come along.

Obliky 12-23-2005 05:55 AM

If MP hadnt bet then a check from you would be ok as you are up against 3 other players and have completely missed.

I would have peeled the flop, then had a hard time calling the turn if the action was the same.

jt1 12-23-2005 05:56 AM

Well, you didn't have a choice here. So I don't get the question. You should peel here, however. Not always, but here your odds are very good despite 2 hearts, paired board and possibility of a check-raise.

jt1 12-23-2005 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would usually raise the flop hoping to drive out the other two players and take a free turn card if offered to me. Calling wouldn't be too terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about this board changes this from a peel to a raise, in your opinion?

Bendero 12-23-2005 06:18 AM

So do I count the K and Q of hearts as valid outs here?

beachbum 12-23-2005 06:41 AM

You want to maintain the initiative in the hand whenever possible. However, in this spot I don't bet if it's checked to me and I fold to this flop donk. Your hand has very little showdown value and like SSHE says is equivalent to a weak draw at this point. Even if no one has 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s at this point, the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the turn most likely gives someone a nice redraw on the river. So you can make your hand and still lose. I'd say you've got about 3-4 effective outs here.

You also are not closing the action here. You could easily get c/r'd by a duece or a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flush draw. So this forces you to be tighter on this flop. A raise probably is better than a call here, but you could just be building a pot for someone else. Even though the pot is a decent size at this point, I don't think you have enough equity to fight for. Unless you're positive it won't be raised/reraised behind you, just fold the flop.

Benman 12-23-2005 08:44 AM

I personallly like your fold here. The bet came immediately to your left, meaning if you want to peal you've got a couple other potential check raisers to get through.

The two flush on board makes pealing tough too. Not so much the two, but it's a concern also.

Benman 12-23-2005 08:47 AM

After reading the other posts, I agree that raising is better than just calling here. But I still like a fold best of all. Four-handed with a two flush on board I'd wait to pull the raise until I had a good ace, I think.