Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Colored socks that feel like white socks. Is there such a thing? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=276691)

Inthacup 06-20-2005 12:18 PM

Colored socks that feel like white socks. Is there such a thing?

I like wearing white socks. They feel more comfortable to me. When I wear brown shoes, I wear colored socks but none that I have are as comfortable. Does anyone know of any brands that bridge the gap?

jakethebake 06-20-2005 12:19 PM

Re: Colored socks that feel like white socks. Is there such a thing?

[ QUOTE ]
I like wearing white socks. They feel more comfortable to me. When I wear brown shoes, I wear colored socks but none that I have are as comfortable. Does anyone know of any brands that bridge the gap?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been searching for years.

wacki 06-20-2005 12:22 PM

Last ditch solution.

wacki 06-20-2005 12:24 PM

The guys in this link are great though. Comfy, high quality, only down side is they are a bit expensive. I own a few and I'm very happy.

Oski 06-20-2005 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know where you're coming from. I hate to wear white dress shirts because they "feel" funny, yet I hate to wear colored t-shirts because they don't feel like white t-shirts.

Not sure about the socks.

IndieMatty 06-20-2005 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to Catholic HS that had a strict dress code. I used to find colored "white socks" at Marshalss/ TJ Max. "Dockers by Levis" made them (this is back in the early 90s). I'd imagine Sears or Kohls or someplace would have them in stock.

BruceZ 06-20-2005 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Docker's socks are very comfortable.

theghost 06-20-2005 02:41 PM

just look for 100% cotton, and shop around for what you like.

BruceZ 06-20-2005 02:42 PM

I bought 6 pairs of Thorlos socks for skiing 15 years ago, and after hundreds of days on the slopes, they are still as good as the day I bought them.

jakethebake 06-20-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Docker's socks are very comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're ok. Too short though. They don't stay up very well.