Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   taking someones SATs for them, for a fee (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368710)

Voltron87 10-31-2005 02:21 AM

taking someones SATs for them, for a fee

Someone just asked if I would be interested in taking the SATs for a friend of theirs, for a fee. The person who is getting me in touch is a person I trust, I trust them personally and they have good judgement. The person who is interested in paying me has $$$ and is legit. I am very qualified to do this, I would definitely satisfy the score they need and would treat it seriously and prepare. I am also qualified because I am a smart guy and have common sense, etc, and I have become a gambler at heart. So I have the score ability and the right mindset to do this.

questions for you:

1. How much would you charge for this? Assume the person paying is wealthy.

2. Any other advice? I can't think of any specific questions.

The funny part about this is that when I took my SATs, I did not give a [censored]. not at all. no preparation, i just mailed it in. I did well. But if I did this I would take it seriously, prepare, and even be somewhat nervous. thats just interesting to me.

TheMetetron 10-31-2005 02:23 AM

Re: taking someones SATs for them, for a fee

Don't they check ID? I assume a fake...

Also, I'd charge $1,000 if you can give them 1400+ score. It may be worth more, depending how dumb they are.

Dynasty 10-31-2005 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2. Any other advice? I can't think of any specific questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should ask a lawyer about what laws you would be breaking and how severe the punishment could be?

Non_Comformist 10-31-2005 02:24 AM

I never took my SAT's but I'm assuming whoever conducts the test actively works to prevent this type of thing.

I would charge $3 a point once you've met some minimum required score.

Tron 10-31-2005 02:24 AM

Man, this is really, really, horribly unethical.

tom441lbk 10-31-2005 02:26 AM

I'd say charge a big fee, then even bigger based on the score that you get, and how good it is, maybe a clause having something to do with "if you get caught"

JaBlue 10-31-2005 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it is.

I got offers to do this and to write college essays for people but I turned both down.

Pat Southern 10-31-2005 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say charge a big fee, then even bigger based on the score that you get, and how good it is, maybe a clause having something to do with "if you get caught"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure any contract that deals with illegal activity isn't valid.

tom441lbk 10-31-2005 02:29 AM

Tron 10-31-2005 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it is.

I got offers to do this and to write college essays for people but I turned both down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote some two-page essays for some kids in 7th, or maybe 8th, grade Social Studies, and those fuckers never paid me. I never did that again. So luckily I got out of the academic dishonesty game early and without doing great harm.