Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Theory (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Ludicrous Attempt (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375963)

Barklad 11-10-2005 07:33 PM

Ludicrous Attempt

This may sound completely absurd but I wanted to get some thoughts on the matter. Say a person is an above average NLHE player at $200 max PP, yet his bankroll is only $2000. He decides that he is going to double his bankroll by making moves (and getting a little lucky) at a $2000 max table. Once he doubles he will quit and return to his normal game. What would be the optimal line to accomplish his goals while not losing his stack? Should he play a normal TAG ABC style and hope he is not severly over matched or make plays at the more LAG players and hope to stack them?

Jeebus 11-10-2005 07:42 PM

Re: Ludicrous Attempt

The optimal line would be to simply mail me your 2000. That way you can truly feel like you made a gift of your bankroll. On another note, Don't try this if you enjoy having your bankroll.

Wake up CALL 11-10-2005 07:44 PM

Go all in every hand until someone with an equal or larger stack calls. In case you think this answer is dumb I thought I'd write the first sentence in your post below:

[ QUOTE ]
This may sound completely absurd but I wanted to get some thoughts on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barklad 11-10-2005 07:46 PM

So what percentage of the time do you estimate this kind of attempt being busted pretty quickly?

Wake up CALL 11-10-2005 07:57 PM

An off the wall guess is 60% of the time you will go bust. Howeer when you add in the fact that your are playing $200NL with only a $2K bankroll I belive it becomes much closer to 50/50.

Unabridged 11-10-2005 08:03 PM

optimal play: nut peddle at a time when drunk LAGs are out

Barklad 11-10-2005 08:32 PM

Well, personal skill at the $200 max level is not related to the bankroll of $2000 in this case. Having to use a good portion of my previous bankroll to pay emergency expenses. So I'm anxious to get my bankroll back to a healthy state (even t o the point of losing all of it). I basically just wanted to gauge how much better $2000 max players are and if there is a reasonable chance i can double up.

Pog0 11-11-2005 01:49 AM

There's always a reasonable chance you can double up. Just crack AA with KK.

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm anxious to get my bankroll back to a healthy state (even t o the point of losing all of it).

[/ QUOTE ]

Slightly absurd thought here. 2k is enough to grind out $50/hour with a low ROR if you play the right games.

glen 11-11-2005 04:11 AM

If you don't change your way of thinking you will go broke. even if you do double up or whatever, this kind of greed and sense of urgency will keep resurfacing in new forms and at higher limits. Why do you want to risk going broke? If you play poker in the first place you are a degenerate and you will want to play anyways, so why not leave yourself some money to play?

11-11-2005 04:22 AM

why would you ask this....... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

if that player is you, just dont do it. this is just degenerate gambling at its absolute worst