Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Thin 3-handed? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404462)

kurosh 12-24-2005 05:31 AM

Re: Thin 3-handed?

My opening range on the button is about the top 80% of hands. Flop is an autobet. On the turn, I either have a decent draw, any made hand, sometimes k-high or if I think someone was peeling with overs or on a draw. This is the type of board I think I would probably fire out again with anything I'm raising PF with. I'm curious as to what people think of how I played it, but I don't want to spoil anything.

elindauer 12-24-2005 05:33 AM

If you're going to continue, you may as well 3-bet. Give yourself a chance to win unimproved and you may be able to make up the little bit you are losing by calling intending to fold unimproved. Who knows what chaos may ensue after your 3-bet?

good luck.
Eric

DeathDonkey 12-24-2005 05:34 AM

Any merit to check/ 3 betting here? Say Kurosh can fold an ace. Or does the SB always have a pair of queens beat here?

-DeathDonkey

tizim 12-24-2005 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My opening range on the button is about the top 80% of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're raising the top 80% of hands OTB in all games, can you explain why you're stealing more 3-handed than, say, 5-handed? I've always been under the impression that stealing standards shouldn't change based on the number of players sitting, and I haven't heard anything compelling enough to change my mind. It's definitely true, though, that in aggressive games, players tend to begin stealing more when it gets shorter.

Alobar 12-24-2005 04:46 PM

it costs you more to play your hands because the blinds come thru so much faster, so you have to get involved in more hands

shadow29 12-24-2005 05:04 PM

I think that we have our "double-gutter" outs in addition to diamonds, if this pot were HU. I think that Kurosh, after seeing you call 2 cold on the turn, puts you on a draw. Thus, I think that we could have 9 bluff outs in addition to our straight outs. I think that 6 outs seems reasonable to assign to the straight draw.

meh. I don't really know where I'm going with this post.

tizim 12-24-2005 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it costs you more to play your hands because the blinds come thru so much faster, so you have to get involved in more hands

[/ QUOTE ]

That logic doesn't make sense to me. How frequently you have to post the blinds shouldn't impact the EV of a certain hand on the button.

Lmn55d 12-24-2005 10:29 PM

but isn't your average equity in the blinds higher because you're only facing one dude on the button rather than 4 dudes in UTG, MP, CO, Button? I think I read an article by mason talking about this. If I'm not totally mistaken (and I might be...) he claimed that this offsets what you describe, at least to a degree.

partygirluk 12-24-2005 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That logic doesn't make sense to me. How frequently you have to post the blinds shouldn't impact the EV of a certain hand on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

The logic is false. (His, not yours).

baronzeus 12-24-2005 11:09 PM

Standard? There's really no alternatives on any street as far as I can see.